By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many Nintendo´s fan dislikes the Zelda franchise ?

How many Nintendo´s fan dislikes the Zelda franchise ?

Me, myself and I 38 19.90%

What the hell ?!?!? We all love it ! 153 80.10%

Total:191

Quite a few people would play a Zelda game and not understand anything or get anywhere - so ofcource they're gonna dislike every Zelda game ever made. Those are not the players the Zelda franchise speaks to.

That said, I still prefer the accessability and action of the SNES Zelda more than any other installment of the franchise.

Around the Network

It's funny how you should mention that you believe OOT was a great game, but TP seems like the same old thing.

Nintendo released a couple of great Zelda games between OOT and TP.  They included Manjoras Mask and Wind Waker.  They had innovative and original concepts that really evolved the series as a whole.  The problem?  Many people didn't like it.  They scoffed at not being able to play as adult link in Manjoras Mask.  They criticized it's lack of dungeons (only 4) and the time traveling system was completely not what they were used to.  They laughed at Wind Waker's graphical style, and how the game took place on an ocean.  Btw: some of the islands in WW were bigger than the areas of OOT.

Basically what I am saying is that Nintendo delivered two amazing games between OOT and TP.  The fans complained, saying that they wanted to play as adult Link in an experience similar to OOT.  The fans wanted it, and Nintendo delivered.  What you recieved was an amazing game, but one that didn't do much different than it's predecessor.  Then, people criticized it for not doing much different than it's predecessor.

To summarize, people complain when things change.

I like it quite a bit. Its actually the main thing that keeps me connected to Nintendo.

Let me put it this way: You'll find more Nintendo fans who dislike Metroid than Nintendo fans who dislike Zelda, but of course neither of them are for everyone. I don't think most Nintendo fans hate Zelda. Its kind of like a "I can see why this is good, but not through my own eyes" kind of relationship.

I don't really prefer Metroid, but I can easily see why its so respected. Now, theres alot of Nintendo-haters who hate Zelda/Metroid, some being ex-nintendo fans. They think Nintendo's direction as a company has affected the quality of games like Zelda and alike. There are also people who don't like Zelda because the huge world is a bit too intimidating/confusing.

Overall, Zelda's a high-quality series, but its a non-Mario/Pokemon core franchise, so its not for absolutely everyone who sticks with Nintendo. Just a respectable majority.

Sounds like you just suck at them. Try Gamefaqs until you get the hang of it.

Doesn't sound like you are too good at them. I remember my first Zelda game I wasn't sure what to do either and had to use the guide a lot then it good easier and easier for me. You just need to get used to the mechanics of it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Ha ha that's funny. I dislike the older Zeldas. The NES and the 2 N64 games suck to me, Though the new ones are amazing! Those are just spectacular. So yeah I half dislike it

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

It took you two months to beat the Deku Tree in OoT? Really? The water temple would probably take you a year.

I played Ocarina of Time which is considered one of the best games ever (cough cough numero uno is reserved for anything Super Mario) and it was boring. Not only could u not control his movement so u couldnt go up or down but there wasnt much of excitement within the game. So no I'm not a fan but my cousin is lol.

LOVE NINTENDO! not a Zelda Fan... Love Galaxy, love new!!! Adios.

OOT was and still is amazing (downloaded it on VC and playing it again) wind waker is so good. For some strange reason ive never played zelda MM so got that on VC too. mario games may sell more but zelda games are nintendo's crowning jewel. (in my opinion0