By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best rail shooter on the Wii?

Hi,

I just started House of the Dead Overkill and I'm having a blast.  First time for me playing a rail shooter on the wii.  I was wondering if the other House of the Dead are any good.  Also, I loved Resident Evil 4 and was wondering if Umbrella Chronicles was worth it.  So, what rail shooter should I buy next?

Thanks!

Support these games: House of the Dead, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Cursed Mountain, Resident Evil.  We need more of them on the Wii. 

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

Hi your new! House of the dead: overkill and dead space extraction would be the must-have onrals but if I had to choose one then dead space it is.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

darkside chronicles is a must if you are a fan of RE 2 and CV, though Dead Space Extraction is the best on rails shooter on the wii if you ask me

hey, i have all of them and first i just want to say that house of the dead 2/3 now seems very poor after you have played overkill. dead space is amazing but my top wii rail shooter would be darkside chronicles but to be honest there is not alot in it. enjoy

Go for Dead Space Extraction.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

Download Sin and Punishment on Virtual Console. Best rail-shooter ever created.

I hated House of the Dead. Too much stupid humor and not enough fun gameplay.

Ghost Squad was one of my favorites, despite it being absurdly short.

I like The Darkside Chronicles the best.

I love Overkill.
I'd recommend RE: Darkside Chronicles for action and Dead Space Extraction for a slower-paced railshooter. The other HOTD title on Wii, which includes 2&3, is okay, but definitely shows its age. The ones I mentioned are better.

Also, do NOT get Sin & Punishment on the VC, it's insanely overrated by most people. Major letdown. The only game I regret purchasing, ever. And I've purchased a LOT.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Dead Space: Extraction is amazing, get that