By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Epic Mickey May Be the Most Important Game of 2010

Torillian said:
Machina said:
Soriku said:
Flow said:

I disagree. I think the game will be a dissapointment and that it won't sell that well. I've been hyped by the early artwork and then slapped in the face by the terrible screenshots.

Plus, Suicide Mouse

You mean early screenshots. They already said they weren't working on the graphics yet and they didn't have the style panned out yet. PLus Warren Spector said that some of the concept shots will appear in the game.

It won't be a disappointment because this game has good funding and has Warren Spector making it who is a respected dev...

Why don't you wait before you judge?

Like you're doing you mean? ;)

but judging something to be awesome before it releases is alright

Duh Machina!

ohhhhh MODS FIGHT {grabs pop corn only to be disappointed}

@soriku

Quite possible

I hope its a spectacular gaming experience!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Maybe based on how Epic Mickey does, Disney might push SE to a KH Wii game?

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

I don't think it will be an important title at all.
We've yet to see any good stuff from the game. Artwork was awesome, screenshots were very mediocre.
In the world of video games exist much more famous fictional characters than Mickey.

From the current status it could be a good game, but no GOTY and no big seller.
Just another game.

psrock said:
This game has tons of potential.

But it's not made by Nintendo which means...

Words Of Wisdom said:
psrock said:

Don't you dare follow that logic! If it flops, it's for completely different reasons!

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
psrock said:

It's not ging to fly off the shelves

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

This and Monster Hunter Tri are the only third party games that have a chance of becoming system sellers, as far as i can tell. Mostly for these reasons. If Disney is going to lead a Mickey Rennaissance with it, it's going to be huge as hell, they'll make it that way.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I think we are expecting way too much from Monster Hunter Tri in the West.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Mr Khan said:

This and Monster Hunter Tri are the only third party games that have a chance of becoming system sellers, as far as i can tell. Mostly for these reasons. If Disney is going to lead a Mickey Rennaissance with it, it's going to be huge as hell, they'll make it that way.

Personally I see Reglin.. Dynamic Zan having higher potential for system sales than MH3. I think what sparked the monster hunter explosion was solely confined to the PSP (the portable multiplayer), Monster Hunter I think isn't arcadey enough to be big in the West. Dynamic Zan looks way more arcade than Monster Hunter, and people have been waiting for awesome sword games using the Wii remote well.

And don't forget DQX in Japan.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Flow said:

Plus, Suicide Mouse

WTF, that shit freaks me out!