By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Epic Mickey May Be the Most Important Game of 2010

Machina said:
Soriku said:
Flow said:

I disagree. I think the game will be a dissapointment and that it won't sell that well. I've been hyped by the early artwork and then slapped in the face by the terrible screenshots.

Plus, Suicide Mouse

You mean early screenshots. They already said they weren't working on the graphics yet and they didn't have the style panned out yet. PLus Warren Spector said that some of the concept shots will appear in the game.

It won't be a disappointment because this game has good funding and has Warren Spector making it who is a respected dev...

Why don't you wait before you judge?

Like you're doing you mean? ;)

but judging something to be awesome before it releases is alright

Duh Machina!

Around the Network

It will not be one of the most important games for 2010. I can name more than a dozen other games that will be more important. I do think that this could be one of the big titles for Wii in 2010 if it is done right. It still doesn`t hold a candle to many of the other titles comign this year. If you lookign at Wii only then maybe it will be a little. Even on Wii there are plenty of other titles that will be better for example: No More Heroes 2, Metroid Other M, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Zelda Wii.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

I have a question... is there any vids of the game yet?

Epic Mickey is not goign to be one of the better titles nor one the most important titles of 2010. Hopefully it ends up beign a good titles but there are WAY too many other titles that blow it out of the water both in importance and in quality. You are putting way to much faith in Epic Mickey tbh. I hope this does end up being a good game but it will not even come close to the top 10 games of 2010 mark my words.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

That was an interesting read Soriku.

Epic Mickey certainly has all the ingredients to be huge and seeing as it isn't a throw away kids title I'd expect the game to be very polished when it releases.

Disney love Nintendo because they have the same kind of family values, hence them naming the big N as their choice of videogame partner back in 2006. Now all the Wii needs is for Epic Mickey to be a big success, then Disney to announce that they've told Square to make Kingdom Hearts 3 as a Wii exclusive and then make all the Marvel games Wii exclusive too. Obviously that wont happen (at least not the Marvel bit) but it would certainly shake up the 'hardcore' elitist Wii hating crowd.

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:
Epic Mickey is not goign to be one of the better titles nor one the most important titles of 2010. Hopefully it ends up beign a good titles but there are WAY too many other titles that blow it out of the water both in importance and in quality. You are putting way to much faith in Epic Mickey tbh. I hope this does end up being a good game but it will not even come close to the top 10 games of 2010 mark my words.

Great argument you put there. It could be important if a) it is a bit dark and interesting and b) it sells well. After all Mickey Mouse is pretty well known, wouldn't you say?

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Flow said:

Plus, Suicide Mouse

Holy crap! What the hell was that?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Why did some people think this game is nishe? It's being made from what I can see with a large dev budget, a good team and has mickey mouse in the name - one of the most recogniseable names in history.

There's no reason this shouldn't sell like Mario.

Soriku said:
Flow said:

I disagree. I think the game will be a dissapointment and that it won't sell that well. I've been hyped by the early artwork and then slapped in the face by the terrible screenshots.

Plus, Suicide Mouse

You mean early screenshots. They already said they weren't working on the graphics yet and they didn't have the style panned out yet. PLus Warren Spector said that some of the concept shots will appear in the game.

It won't be a disappointment because this game has good funding and has Warren Spector making it who is a respected dev...

Why don't you wait before you judge?

I find it rather weird they made these screenshots public. They advertised the game as an horror game, and the artwork made that clear, but when the screenshots came up it just looked like a kiddy game. Above all things, you know they can't really ruin the image of Disney and will cater to their original fanbase, and dissapointing most of those that hyped Epic Mickey

I mean, just look at the screenshots, early or not, why would they publish that, being obvious that they would incite this kind of reaction?

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

bazmeistergen said:
LordMatrix said:

Great argument you put there. It could be important if a) it is a bit dark and interesting and b) it sells well. After all Mickey Mouse is pretty well known, wouldn't you say?

Yes Mickey is well known but this does not equal to automatic sales or quality in the video game realm. I just hope the game is able to be loved by children and adults alike but they also need to make it good or it will be passed up by the bigger titles of 2010.