By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

daveJ said:
Kresnik said:
I mean, even though I know MonHun is the business in Japan, still, 5k on COMG is absolutely mental.  If we used our usual 1 pre-order = 1k sales, it would've given it a 5 million first week :P

Its first week (well 5 days actually) was 2,146,467 

But yes 5000 points is quite big, look at the people now talking about dragon quest 7 and its MASSIVE 225 points, MH3's numbers put that into perspective 

@Bold You're being ridiculous. DQ7's numbers are great for having almost a month to go till it comes out.

Around the Network

Jezus look at those points DQ!!!!

VGKing said:
Kresnik said:
Anyway, today's is up. Another crazy day for Dragon Quest, I swear this thing is up and down like a yo-yo, some days it seems below average and then the next it just bombs it. Those crazy COMG-ers!

1's all round at the bottom of the chart as well. And a +2 to PSO, which is lovely.

8 days to go until new games. What are we all thinking will show up, then?

My money is still on Kingdom Hearts & Super Robot Wars. Another Vita game (Tales of Hearts, Soul Sacrifice) also seems possible. Sadly, it's likely to be Metal Gear limited edition I think.

Where? MInd posting the chart?

Boutros updates his chart based on this http://www.comgnet.com/ranking/ , you need Google Translate, and the chart of the day before to compare it. And on mondays they release the total for the week, or is it Sundays?, not entirely sure.

As DaveJ, COMG is heavily biased, in COMG's case towards Sony. That's why the 1p=1k does never apply to a game releasing on a Sony device. It only happens to a few, not all, Nintendo games, mostly those "less hardcore".

The Pokemon - MH3rdP comparison is quite useful. In a very friendly way, Dave reminded us that MH achived 5k points, and it's FW was 1.950.717 (MC)/ 1,972,410 (VGC), on the other hand Pokemon that surely had fewer points, I'm not sure how many, did 2.557.779 (MC)/ 2,609,129 (VGC).

Thats why, COMG chart can only be used to measure hype, nothing more. However as I mentioned in some post above, MH4 won't do MH3rdP COMG points, nor FW sales.

Edit: Here are the points for the last day before Pokemon Black/White relase:

01. [NDS] Pokemon Black - 1821pt (-10)
02. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - 1759 pt (33)
03. [NDS] Pokemon White - 1584pt (-9)

Funny thing, is that about 5 days before that pre-orders not only stopped but start decreasing.

Another day... another somewhat boring day. Without DQ I think this would be the most boring month ever for Pre-Orders...

Around the Network

So no one knows any other dragon quest game's pre orders?

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

VGKing said:

Where? MInd posting the chart?

As Benao already mentioned, I just go on http://www.comgnet.com/ranking/ with google translate.

It updates every day at 11 PM in my timezone (GMT), .  Not quite sure what that time would be for you.  I'll leave Boutros to keep posting the charts, he does an excellent job :P

NintendoPie said:

Exactly, there is no shock about it. MH always does really good in Japan.

But so do many other franchises in Japan, but they don't go pushing 5k on COMG (although I hear B&W2 did quite well).

Idk.  Even though I know COMG is Sony-slanted, and I know that Monster Hunter is one of the top 5 or so franchises in Japan, I still find 5k a shock.  Especially with how the chart normally moves.

If there's something I'm missing here, like Freedom Unite or Tri-G getting 5k pre-orders on COMG, then you'll just have to tack it down to my lack of experience with the chart.  If you guys were all predicting 6k before it came out and 5k was actually a disappointment, then I guess I understand a little better :P

Great numbers for DQ VII today and I hope that Layton 6 will chart soon (when it can be pre-ordered), really looking forward hoe the "final" title will do.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

No pre-orders numbers for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale :(