By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

the_dengle said:

That's the reason there are no Wii U games in the COMG chart -- the big ones aren't available for pre-order yet.

I can see where you're coming from with that, but I'd say it was different reason - the big games haven't been announced yet.  Aside from DQX (and a slight possibility of Wonderful 101), I don't see any Wii-U games charting in COMG any time soon.

There just aren't that many games announced at the moment for Wii-U that are gonna be big in Japan.  Dragon Quest, yes, which has been given a vague "March" release will appear once it's given a firm date.  Pikmin has been pushed back to Q2, we haven't even seen any gameplay footage of Bayonetta 2 yet, and Wonderful 101 has been quiet for a while (but was supposed to be coming in "launch window", so it should be given a release date some time soon).

They'll show up eventually for sure, particuarly once Nintendo announce any of their first party franchises for Wii-U.  I'd expect Q3/4 especially to be busier, but for the time being, there's just nothing that could appear on COMG aside from DQ & possibly 101, so it'll be fairly quiet.  

I'll happily be wrong though.  If we get some surprise Q2 announcements with solid release dates, then expect them to show up.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

I can see where you're coming from with that, but I'd say it was different reason - the big games haven't been announced yet.  Aside from DQX (and a slight possibility of Wonderful 101), I don't see any Wii-U games charting in COMG any time soon.

There just aren't that many games announced at the moment for Wii-U that are gonna be big in Japan.  Dragon Quest, yes, which has been given a vague "March" release will appear once it's given a firm date.  Pikmin has been pushed back to Q2, we haven't even seen any gameplay footage of Bayonetta 2 yet, and Wonderful 101 has been quiet for a while (but was supposed to be coming in "launch window", so it should be given a release date some time soon).

They'll show up eventually for sure, particuarly once Nintendo announce any of their first party franchises for Wii-U.  I'd expect Q3/4 especially to be busier, but for the time being, there's just nothing that could appear on COMG aside from DQ & possibly 101, so it'll be fairly quiet.  

I'll happily be wrong though.  If we get some surprise Q2 announcements with solid release dates, then expect them to show up.

It wouldn't change the COMG chart to announce a whole bunch of huge Wii U games if they're still not available for pre-order. The question was "why aren't there any Wii U games in the COMG chart?" and the answer is "because DQX isn't available for pre-order yet." There ARE Wii U games coming out in the next four months or so that WOULD be on the chart if they were available for pre-order.

Hypothetically, there could be a 3D Mario game coming out next week, and then yes, it would be in the COMG chart. But Nintendo released all of their big Wii U games for the time-being in December. January and early February are a little dry because they always are: the Holidays, the release window most publishers aim for, just ended. Most of the big games coming out in the next few months were supposed to come out two months ago, but got delayed.

Nice to see two vita titles in there.

DQ should be able to reach 200 points by the next update.

Don't fail me now big preorder numbers!

NintendoPie said:
DQ should be able to reach 200 points by the next update.

Don't fail me now big preorder numbers!

You expect DQQ VII to do 18 points on a Saturday?

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

Dragon Quest just shy of 8 points from 200.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

^ It will definately get 200p+ tomorrow since Sundays tend to show better results.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

It's my favourite time of the day :))

10 for Dragon Quest is beastly. Sword Art Online seems to have slowed down, though.

But 1 for Kagura, 1 for PSO and 4 for Shining Ark makes for a very nice day!

the_dengle said:

It wouldn't change the COMG chart to announce a whole bunch of huge Wii U games if they're still not available for pre-order. The question was "why aren't there any Wii U games in the COMG chart?" and the answer is "because DQX isn't available for pre-order yet." There ARE Wii U games coming out in the next four months or so that WOULD be on the chart if they were available for pre-order.

Hypothetically, there could be a 3D Mario game coming out next week, and then yes, it would be in the COMG chart. But Nintendo released all of their big Wii U games for the time-being in December. January and early February are a little dry because they always are: the Holidays, the release window most publishers aim for, just ended. Most of the big games coming out in the next few months were supposed to come out two months ago, but got delayed.

Yeah, I think we were just talking about the same thing but in different ways, lol.

I agree, DQX will appear once it's given a release date.  I was just meaning that apart from that game, I don't see any of the other titles being given release dates in the next 3-4 months.  Once Pikmin/Bayonetta are given a solid date and available for pre-order they'll soon appear, absolutely.

But as you say, Nintendo target the holidays more than Q1/Q2.  Tbh, I wasn't expecting to see many Wii-U games regardless (I think I mentioned that somewhere earlier in the thread) for that very reason.  Which made the comment of "Where are the Wii-U games?" seem kind of strange to me, which is why we got into this discussion I think (even though it wasn't you that said it, I know :P)

So, playstation domination?...

Please, somebody could give me the link of amazon's japan preorder?..

eres el unico que puede tomar la desicion que nadie mas puede... la correcta