By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Joystiq stealth trolling the Wii, too

psrock said:
killeryoshis said:
psrock said:
How do you troll the truth ?

no its not the truth. If it was than most 3rd party games wouldn't sell much.  They said it flys off shelves if they are made by
nintendo. Basicly he is saying only nintendo games can sell. Which is a lie. That's what we are argueing about. Not the fact
that they said titles that were made by nintendo only flew off the shelves. That is a fact.

He said only Nintendo games fly off the shelves, based on numbers ( facts ), yes it's the truth. I'm sure Nintendo has no problem with the situation. 

This is what he wrote

proving wii games can sell as long as they are published by nintendo

If you read the last part, He says that ONLY nintendo games can sell, Basicly saying thay only nintendo titles sell
for past,present and future. You see if only nintendo games only sell, Than Monster Hunter 3 is a nintendo
game in disguse.but if he said this

The only games that flew off shelves were nintendo games this month 

That is right and a fact. The other one wasn't. There I explained why we argueing again.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
psrock said:
killeryoshis said:
psrock said:

no its not the truth. If it was than most 3rd party games wouldn't sell much.  They said it flys off shelves if they are made by
nintendo. Basicly he is saying only nintendo games can sell. Which is a lie. That's what we are argueing about. Not the fact
that they said titles that were made by nintendo only flew off the shelves. That is a fact.

He said only Nintendo games fly off the shelves, based on numbers ( facts ), yes it's the truth. I'm sure Nintendo has no problem with the situation. 

So you're saying that no 3rd party games have "flown off the shelves"?

What's the standard for "flying off the shelves" these days?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wii fans taking things too seriously again?

Thought so.

It's obvious that he's saying only Nintendo published games are selling millions. And it's the truth.

Telling the truth isn't trolling, unless you are now so paranoid you take anything even slightly negative of the Wii as trolling.

Carl2291 said:

It's obvious that he's saying only Nintendo published games are selling millions. And it's the truth.

What?

Stealth trolling -- does not Joystiq usually do direct trolling?

Of course, Nintendo makes good games that people want and buy -- so they do sell.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
psrock said:
killeryoshis said:
psrock said:

So you're saying that no 3rd party games have "flown off the shelves"?

What's the standard for "flying off the shelves" these days?

7 out of the top 10 are Nintendo published games, the rest is from HD consoles.

I don't know what more is there to say.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

So you're saying that "flying off the shelves" is a relative concept?

In that case, it's also safe to say that "only Nintendo games fly off the shelves" historically? I mean, the top 13 games ever are all by Nintendo.

My last comparison held up for the HD consoles' top 10, but probably not so much overall. So let's look for another comparison...

According to VGC, Nintendo sold about 32% of all Wii software in Americas for 2009 (38% if you count Wii Sports).

In Japan, by VGC numbers Nintendo sold 33% of ALL software (that includes PS3, PSP, X360) sold in 2009. They managed 36% in 2008, 39% in 2007, 46.6% in 2006 (holy fuck), etc.

Joystiq says:

Video games still sell in Japan ... as long as they're published by Nintendo.

Japan only buys Nintendo, damn them!

... So, why are people are defending this crap?

NJ5 said:
psrock said:

So you're saying that "flying off the shelves" is a relative concept?

In that case, it's also safe to say that "only Nintendo games fly off the shelves" historically? I mean, the top 13 games ever are all by Nintendo.

Nintendo software is so dominating that 3rd parties can't even compete on consoles Nintendo doesn't sell games for CONFIRMED!!!

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Btw, the PS has the opposite issue, beside GT. It is dominated by third party, their first party no matter how good never sell as much.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)