By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Joystiq stealth trolling the Wii, too

source

Wii software flew off the shelves, proving that Wii games sell ... as long as they're published by Nintendo.

Around the Network

um... most of the games flying off the shelves were made by Nintendo...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

yea that's just not necessary

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Well unnecessary but still accurate. If you purely look at the top 10 for December NPD, it's hard to not think that the Ninty games are dominating. But we all know that third parties are still having success so no need to overreact. I'd also like to point out, that if they use that argument against Wii, why not when they talk about 360 or PS3, "games are flying off the shelves, unless not made by Activision or another big 3rd party". Of course guess they just won't do that right.

Well, hmm. Okay.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Well unnecessary but still accurate. If you purely look at the top 10 for December NPD, it's hard to not think that the Ninty games are dominating. But we all know that third parties are still having success so no need to overreact. I'd also like to point out, that if they use that argument against Wii, why not when they talk about 360 or PS3, "games are flying off the shelves, unless not made by Activision or another big 3rd party". Of course guess they just won't do that right.

well it implies that 3rd party games don't sell, and you can't tell that by just looking at the top 10, in only 1 country no less.  It's very unprofessional for someone calling themselves gaming journalists.  Why doesn't someone post the million sellers from the financial reports.  Yeah the percentage of 3rd party sales is a lot lower on wii, but the total software sales are a lot higher as well. 

Zucas said:

Why would they do that? The PS3 and 360 had lots of very successful third party games that sold really damn well. The only Wii game made by a third party that "flew off shelves" was Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games. And... well it is Mario on the front cover.

It's really not a troll comment. It's an observation.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Zucas said:

Why would they do that? The PS3 and 360 had lots of very successful third party games that sold really damn well. The only Wii game made by a third party that "flew off shelves" was Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games. And... well it is Mario on the front cover.

Oh chill out.  I'm just saying it is a blatant double standard to only point out Wii's faults and not the others in normal comments.  If you actually read everything I stated, I said it was accurate. 

The fact is that people know there are TONS of shovelware on the Wii. People do buy most games coming from Ninty - because Nintendo has a solid reputation about their quality games - so this is why most of third party publishers do have problems to sell their games.

Third party should put more promotion on their products and suggest bundles with a higher retail price. Nintendo should also make some moves to help third party. I guess the are reorganizing in intern to prepare themselves for the future.

stof said:
Zucas said:

well if you want to be exact, they said wii games sell as long as they're from Nintendo.  Meaning that if they're not from Nintendo they won't sell.  You're only looking at the flying off the shelves part.