By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Joystiq stealth trolling the Wii, too

Zucas said:
stof said:
Zucas said:
Well unnecessary but still accurate. If you purely look at the top 10 for December NPD, it's hard to not think that the Ninty games are dominating. But we all know that third parties are still having success so no need to overreact. I'd also like to point out, that if they use that argument against Wii, why not when they talk about 360 or PS3, "games are flying off the shelves, unless not made by Activision or another big 3rd party". Of course guess they just won't do that right.

Why would they do that? The PS3 and 360 had lots of very successful third party games that sold really damn well. The only Wii game made by a third party that "flew off shelves" was Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games. And... well it is Mario on the front cover.

It's really not a troll comment. It's an observation.

Oh chill out.  I'm just saying it is a blatant double standard to only point out Wii's faults and not the others in normal comments.  If you actually read everything I stated, I said it was accurate. 

I am chill... And I read what you stated. I just disagree with your final assertian is different. Lots of third party software sold really well on the HD consoles while a few third party games sold reasonable numbers on the Wii, and Nintendo Wii games obliterated everything else. This probably isn't a statement they'd have made if the Nintendo games weren't as wildly successful as they were. 

I'm just saying this seems like a really odd sentence to take issue with, it's neither inaccurate or unfairly targeted.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
Zucas said:
stof said:
Zucas said:
Well unnecessary but still accurate. If you purely look at the top 10 for December NPD, it's hard to not think that the Ninty games are dominating. But we all know that third parties are still having success so no need to overreact. I'd also like to point out, that if they use that argument against Wii, why not when they talk about 360 or PS3, "games are flying off the shelves, unless not made by Activision or another big 3rd party". Of course guess they just won't do that right.

Why would they do that? The PS3 and 360 had lots of very successful third party games that sold really damn well. The only Wii game made by a third party that "flew off shelves" was Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games. And... well it is Mario on the front cover.

Oh chill out.  I'm just saying it is a blatant double standard to only point out Wii's faults and not the others in normal comments.  If you actually read everything I stated, I said it was accurate. 

I am chill... And I read what you stated. I just disagree with your final assertian is different. Lots of third party software sold really well on the HD consoles while a few third party games sold reasonable numbers on the Wii, and Nintendo Wii games obliterated everything else. This probably isn't a statement they'd have made if the Nintendo games weren't as wildly successful as they were. 

I'm just saying this seems like a really odd sentence to take issue with, it's neither inaccurate or unfairly targeted.

You aren't getting what I'm saying haha.  I'm not saying that their statement was wrong in anyways.  Which is why I said read what I stated where I firmly agreed with it.  I take issue that they only point out the faults of the Wii in their attempts of giving it a compliment.  Which is why I attempted to give an exmpale of what they don't do for the others which may or may not have been a good example.  I wasn't trying to state anythign with the example just so a obvious double standard. 

Joystiq Nintendo troll central? I thought this was common knowledge.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Nintendo saves Christmas! Joystiq: "Bah humbug!"

I'm trying to figure out how to make a comparison of 3rd party sales but i am having trouble because when i look at the charts it shows me the software each platform sold, and it shows me how much software Nintendo sold, but unless i can separate the DS software from the wii software I can't get the total 3rd party software sales for wii in a given week. Anyone know how to do this?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
Zucas said:
stof said:
Zucas said:
stof said:
Zucas said:

You aren't getting what I'm saying haha.  I'm not saying that their statement was wrong in anyways.  Which is why I said read what I stated where I firmly agreed with it.  I take issue that they only point out the faults of the Wii in their attempts of giving it a compliment.  Which is why I attempted to give an exmpale of what they don't do for the others which may or may not have been a good example.  I wasn't trying to state anythign with the example just so a obvious double standard. 

Yes I am. I was talking about your double standard statement. They can't pick out the other consoles in the same way. "HD games sell, as long as they're one those games that sold a lot by a group of third party publishers" is an entirely different statement.  Also, the comment is warranted by the opposing successes of Nintendo on the Wii and everybody else. Wii games, as they said, flew off the shelves. Notice they also didn't say that about the HD games?  Aside from a game that has Mario on the cover, there weren't any big selling Wii games. It's not trolling for them to compare the bazonkingly huge Nintendo Wii sales to the somewhat anemic third party Wii sales. And the same comparison just can't be made the other consoles, which saw third party software being the big sellers.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

The truth is bent, but it still is the truth.

I am sure you can see they are taking a jab at Nintendo.

stof said:

Yes I am. I was talking about your double standard statement. They can't pick out the other consoles in the same way. "HD games sell, as long as they're one those games that sold a lot by a group of third party publishers" is an entirely different statement.  Also, the comment is warranted by the opposing successes of Nintendo on the Wii and everybody else. Wii games, as they said, flew off the shelves. Notice they also didn't say that about the HD games?  Aside from a game that has Mario on the cover, there weren't any big selling Wii games. It's not trolling for them to compare the bazonkingly huge Nintendo Wii sales to the somewhat anemic third party Wii sales. And the same comparison just can't be made the other consoles, which saw third party software being the big sellers.

You are being difficult.  Why is that.  The double standard exists, you acknowledge that, yet you persist in arguing the specifics.  Is this necessary?  Already stated that the example probably wasnt a good one... shouldn't that be enough.

stof said:

Development budget. Advertising budget. Quality of games. Niche titles. Spin off nobody wants.

All of that has nothing to do with sales, surely.

stof said:
Zucas said:
stof said:
Zucas said:
stof said:
Zucas said:

what if i told you wii sold more 3rd party software than the 360?  You are only looking at the top 10 in 1 country and making an assumption about all software on a console worldwide. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X