By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP reaches 3 million ! What a FLOP !

I'm confused on how it's a "fail" or "flop"...

are you referring to 10 million prediction or the game itself?

Cause 3 million is no fail or flop and it's a very fun game to play and if youre creative youre imagination can run wild with ideas. it's also a very active and still played game worldwide.

Around the Network

Unfortunately, the only time that I saw something like that was when the game launched, and that sony said that it didn't performed as planned b/c of the holiday rush. They said it had respectable [launch] numbers, but they wanted higher numbers. Yes, this was back at 2008.

But if they were expecting sackboy to be their mascot... and the game has sold 3 million... i think it falls short of what the representative game for something like Sony should be. I think they are great sales for a new IP and everything... not for a game that Sony wanted to be the representative game of their console.

EDIT: Here's the link of what I was talking about. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2008/11/sony-holiday-rush-to-blame-for-lbp-sales.ars

Since I never saw a number, I don't bother to look, it's not my job. Sorry if my words offend people. They take all of these too serious. I don't =)

I see tons of people claiming this game is cheap...can someone tell me where. I have checked Amazon and other sites and it sells for $47.99. Is that considered cheap two years after launch?

I haven't been anymore a platform fan for more than 10 years now, but after trying it a few minutes I found funny even the inferior PSP version and despite hating PSP controls too. Weren't it launched so clumsily, it could have reached 3M some months before Xmas.

Edit: maybe Sony should try to build a phenomenon starting bundling it with every PS3, just like Wii Sports on Wii...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

You think LBP flopped ? It has amazing legs ! It'll finish with around 4 - 4.5 Million

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
kvh22000 said:
I see tons of people claiming this game is cheap...can someone tell me where. I have checked Amazon and other sites and it sells for $47.99. Is that considered cheap two years after launch?

Strange. I bought mine off of Play.com for like 17.49 euros.

3 million is a fail... hahaha. people have some pretty high expectations for game sales these days.

tripleb2k said:
3 million is a fail... hahaha. people have some pretty high expectations for game sales these days.

Sarcasm - Ever heard of it ?

otoniel said:
VictorG said:
It's a flop based on expectations. This game was played up as Sony's answer to the Wii and if you look at its sales compared to the Wii games and the impact the game had (none?) it's a flop.

well said 

i agree with you

Since its the first Play Create Share how is it a flop?

CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:
otoniel said:
VictorG said:
It's a flop based on expectations. This game was played up as Sony's answer to the Wii and if you look at its sales compared to the Wii games and the impact the game had (none?) it's a flop.

well said 

i agree with you

Since its the first Play Create Share how is it a flop?

I wouldn't waste my time. Some people would call games "flops" no matter how good they do.

I realized that but i am bored currently so i was trying to entertain myself.