By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rising Star Games - Little King's Story still selling well

Q: Are there any particular titles that surpassed expectations when released in the UK?

Yen Hau: When Harvest Moon was released on the Nintendo DS a couple of years ago, that totally surpassed our expectations and really gave us the footing to be able to bring the more 'interesting' titles over. We always knew the Harvest Moon brand was strong, but until the first DS version was released we didn't know how successful it would be. As a result, Harvest Moon DS2 was released to similar acclaim last year and is followed by DS3 sometime in 2010.

With the exception of No More Heroes, which we know all about, I think the biggest surprise for us was the critical feedback for Little King's Story this year. Everyone, and I really do mean everyone, that we showed the game to fell in love with it. The reviews were all in the high 80s or low 90s and it was praised by both critics and gamers alike. It was a real pleasure to work on and the game is still selling well to this day, something which doesn't happen often to videogames.

Q: The company recently celebrated its 50th release, Muramasa: The Demon Blade - has the game performed as well as expected with critics and in retail?

Yen Hau: The 50th release was actually JU-ON: The Grudge, which performed within expectations considering it was targeted at the Halloween and holidays market. Muramasa, on the other hand, has performed well so far. The critical response has been fantastic for the game, garnering average review scores in the high 80s. The lush, hand-drawn, feudal Japanese artwork is the main talking point for this game, and is something that we have played upon highly during our promotional campaigns. It has been nominated as one of the best looking games of the year on the Wii with many publications and has even had its own gallery viewing in Tokyo during the summer.

Source

Around the Network

sounds good to me

Sounds pretty positive for LKS and Muramasa. Both games really deserve all the success they can find.

Great... the devs are making arguably the best games on the Wii so good for them

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Seeing as we're not tracking EU sales for Muramasa (where Rising Star published the game), it's nice to hear it's selling well. Hopefully we can get some kind of figure to see how it's doing.

Around the Network

Ahhh, see a group that isn't on the fanboy belief that if it doesn't sell 2 million it's a failure.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Bit of a bummer that Muramasa's apparently just so-so at retail. But yay Little King's!

I'm doing my biiiit~

I treasure my copy of LKS, and I'll be getting Muramasa when I'm not quite so broke.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Great news, I thought LKS was a fantastic title.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Happy for marvelous i love muramasa, no more horoes and little lking's story.

I can't wait for no more heores 2, fragile dreams, rune factory and arc of fantasia.