By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infinity Ward: Developing for ps3 was easy.

Yah for sure I'll give it a rent, I just can't dig the whole "grab a gun, point, shoot" after playing resistance and warhawks (resistance having SOOOOOO many options with secondary's and warhawks having insane vehicle in/out combat) I've been kind of spoiled with fps's lol. The only other ones that really sparked interest in me were Timesplitters Future perfect, (grav - gun and timesplitters humor ftw) Half life 2, (duh :D ) Tribes, (jet pack and skiing yes please) and Perfect dark XD (haven't played 360 version). But I'll give call of duty a shot, a definate rent at least.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Thank God for great developers, whatever platform they develop on.

Just finished the game and its great, a couple glitches but lots of fun, the sniper parts are the best. Started up again on the story mode, but this time on the next difficulty.

How long is this game on the hardest level?

People are pretty harsh with Ubi here. Not perfect ports but definitely a class or two above EA crap.

Around the Network

Well if game sites state that the game is 6-7 hours long, then on hard mode it's smiewhat 8-9 ?But then again there's the multiplayer so that lengthens the game quite a bit.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

I think talent plays a part as well. Some exclusive PS3 games have been underwhelming.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It's surprising to see a small developer like Mercury Steam (Jericho) able to release a game on both 360 and PS3 on the same day, while EA and Ubisoft struggle to do the same. There must be some bad management of resources taking place as Infinity Ward are hinting at.

And the PS3 version runs at 1080p while the 360 one at 720p ......

Ubi is not EA ,they are also improving their games ...Splinter Cell DA was a shoddy port but the later efforts as GRAW2 are spot on and Assasins Creed is just as good (if not better ,uncompressed audio etc ) to the 360 version .

In any case ,props to Infinity Ward they have showed their talent .