By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infinity Ward: Developing for ps3 was easy.

From PSU:

It's been a common excuse for underwhelming early PS3 releases, but according to Infinity Ward, the developer of the Call of Duty series, developing the game on the PlayStation 3 was easy.

Many a developer has moaned at the complexity of the code behind sony's next-gen console, but there were no problems for Infinity Ward as they worked on the newly released Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

They put their success down to the fact that they do not dedicated more energy to one platform - and in fact spread out resources and split up teams to work on the game across the different platforms.

Prioritising one console over the other has resulted in many games being released earlier on one console, and later on another - with the PS3 release of certain games often coming after the Xbox 360 release.

The developer stated, “There’s obviously some problem with all the delays we’re witnessing. I think it’s just down to allocation of resources. I think maybe people feel that they’re resource strapped and feel a little bit more comfortable working on the Xbox 360 as it’s been out a little longer [than the PS3].”

“We haven’t had any problems [with PS3] and that’s probably because of our development philosophy. We develop content-agnostic so we don’t have a lead platform. We have a team working on each of the different versions and everyone else forms a team who makes the content platform agnostic.”

Lazy devs am confirmed? IW just owned most of EA and many other devs with the awesomeness that is CoD4 running at 60fps on the ps3.

Edit: Changed to original source.

Around the Network

The game is simply amazing. Runs smooth, lag can be a problem online though.

I'll take the case!!!

Well, it looks like EA and Ubisoft will have to find other excuses.

I hope companies start to develop better games for the ps3, instead of the inferior ports that have plagued the ps3 this past year.

Hopefully this will make other developers *coughEAcough* make better games on the PS3.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network

Just cause Infinity Ward knows how to handle Cell doesn't mean EA and Ubisoft will magically learn, unfortunately. I just hope their approach is rewarded.

If you own a PS3 and don't buy COD4, you are part of the problem.

Dolla Dolla said:
Just cause Infinity Ward knows how to handle Cell doesn't mean EA and Ubisoft will magically learn, unfortunately. I just hope their approach is rewarded.

If you own a PS3 and don't buy COD4, you are part of the problem.

care to buy it for me.. im broke =/

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

COD4 is just freaking awesome. I haven't run into any lag online yet, runs just as smooth as offline. :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Ahhh props to Infinity ward :P awesome to know that its not impossible to develop on. I still just can't bring myself to buying COD4 though >< it's just too linear for my taste, it takes a lot to get me into a first person shooter, it's the same reason I coulden't get into halo :(

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Ahhh props to Infinity ward :P awesome to know that its not impossible to develop on. I still just can't bring myself to buying COD4 though >< it's just too linear for my taste, it takes a lot to get me into a first person shooter, it's the same reason I coulden't get into halo :(

This is the first COD game I bought, and wow.. it's just awesome.   Sure, it's fairly linear, but it's not bad by any means.   Comparing it to any Halo and I honestly believe that it's way way better then any of them.  :)

At the least, give it a good rent and try it out.  You may find yourself into it. 

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.