By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - World Wide Sales UP!! PS3 > 500K, Wii > 800K!

Great Sales all around

and VC is 1 week away from overtaking LO, 2 weeks at the most! :)

Around the Network

My god PSP outsold 360 !?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

i am not sure sony should discontinue
but they should be advised that releasing another handheld against Nintendo's "DS2"
will be suicide.

the future battle is between Nintendo and Apple, NOT between Nintendo And Sony.

hello how are you.

Wait, does this mean IGN will make an article about how MS should discontinue the 360? Nah, they'll just make a couple more articles about how Bayonetta for the 360 is the best action game ever made, and if you buy the PS3 version you'll contract an STD. Just like Mega Man.

@Paper Diego

And why should Sony not make a PSP2? I mean isn't the PSP the only truly successful handheld not made by Nintendo? I think that's a pretty big accomplishment. And it's sold over 55 mil units so far, which is more than the 360 and PS3, and only 10 mil less than the HUGELY successful Wii. Granted, I realize that the PSP was released a little over a year earlier in most regions (though not the case for the 360), but 55 mil is still nothing to sneeze at. It's kinda sad we've gotten to a point where just because you're not #1, whether successful or not, people feel you should pack up your bags and give up. Fortunately, most companies are smarter than that.

Paperdiego said:
i am not sure sony should discontinue
but they should be advised that releasing another handheld against Nintendo's "DS2"
will be suicide.

the future battle is between Nintendo and Apple, NOT between Nintendo And Sony.

By that logic Nintendo should never have released the Wii, as Gamecube had struggled and in 06 it looked like it would be a 360/PS3 battle. Fear has no place in business, no company that makes decisions based on fear of other competitors will ever succeed.

Around the Network
psrock said:
darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:

LBP is huge

I can say that now

maybe DmeisterJ will come back now

he's too busy chasing girls.

nah.

did DmeisterJ ever buy a ps3? i remember he always spoke about the ps3 but didnt own one back then :S and where is squilliam? :S

Fei-Hung said:
psrock said:
darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:

LBP is huge

I can say that now

maybe DmeisterJ will come back now

he's too busy chasing girls.

nah.

did DmeisterJ ever buy a ps3? i remember he always spoke about the ps3 but didnt own one back then :S and where is squilliam? :S

He got it a long time ago, and squilliam is currently banned.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

wow PSP beat 360!? odd and amazing at the same time! good PS3 sales!

thismeintiel said:
 I mean isn't the PSP the only truly successful handheld not made by Nintendo? 

Nope, Game Gear managed 25% marketshare in the early 90s and nabbed a decent amount of industry support.  Neo Geo Pocket also exceeded SNK's modest expectations (the platform was prematurely killed in the Aruze takeover).

jarrod said:
thismeintiel said:
 I mean isn't the PSP the only truly successful handheld not made by Nintendo? 

Nope, Game Gear managed 25% marketshare in the early 90s and nabbed a decent amount of industry support.  Neo Geo Pocket also exceeded SNK's modest expectations (the platform was prematurely killed in the Aruze takeover).

I suppose you could consider them moderate successes.  The Game Gear ended with ~11 million sales, the Neo Geo Pocket with ~2 million (including Neo Geo Pocket Color).  But going by those standards of success, Sony should definitely not drop the PSP with ~55 million sales and growing.  Besides the PSP and the PS2 are helping them bring in some profit from hardware sales.

What would really help the PSP2 be an even larger success is if it has 2 analogs nubs.  Or the ability to play PS2 games from the PSN, if those ever get put up that is.