By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - World Wide Sales UP!! PS3 > 500K, Wii > 800K!

Makes me very sad to see Killzone 2 fall so low. Honestly, i feel gutted.

One of the bext games this year and its not even making the top 50 PS3 anymore, and there are some truly mediochre PS3 games selling better than it.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network
binary solo said:
fxa5209 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Netyaroze said:
Xbox 360 was adjusted up by 120k

Once, casualness, twice, coincidence, but three times or more is more than suspect, now we have the proof: MS moneyhats VGC!!!

I do agree, trying to make up for November NPD difference in a low profiile way. 30K last week and a 120 this week, which makes up for the 150K more reported by NPD. Things like this never happens to PS3.

I think the week of 15 Nov got a big upward adjustment. The 360's worldwide sales for that week are now above the PS3's, it wasn't like that originally.

PS3 makes it 6 weeks in a row selling above 500K worldwide. Nice achievement, though it pales next to Wii's 5 weeks above 1 million. I't a shame PS3 didn't make a 1 million week, this holidays. Without a price cut before the next holidays it's unlikely to get a million selling week then either.

All I know is the gap between the PS3 and 360 was ~5.4 million before these numbers (where the PS3 outsold the 360 by almost 200k), and now the gap is just over 5.5 million. These were some big adjustments indeed, (+ for 360).

The smallest the gap has ever been was when the PS3 first launched, it was ~5.3 million

I am very excited to see the PS3 be closer than EVER before (hasnt happened yet). But with Adjustments like these... it is frustrating having to wait.

Once the PS3 is within 5 million, than it is definitely going to be a big deal. Microsoft will just have to stuff the chanel and claim they are still ~8 million ahead of the PS3. I hope Microsoft sees what is going on and are not in denial of the fact that within a month (regardless of what suprise adjustments are made) the PS3 will be closer to catching the 360 than it ever has been.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Scruff7 said:

One of the bext games this year and its not even making the top 50 PS3 anymore, and there are some truly mediochre PS3 games selling better than it.

It is pretty sad.  The game is getting outsold by even Socom: Confrontation in North America and by Resistance: Retribution of all games in Europe (I know it's a different platform, but still).

The game is now generally selling about 2:1 EU:NA, which is pretty cool.  Killzone remains as one of the few (the only?) shooter IPs that sells better in Europe than in North America.

Maybe releasing a GotY or Complete edition with all DLC and all patches (particularly the controls patch) with a little bit of advertising can give the title a new lease on life.  Worked wonders for LittleBigPlanet, though LittleBigPlanet has numerous other reasons to still be selling so well at this point in its life.

Wow, awesome PlayStation 3 Sales!!!!!!!! DS + PSP = good too.

360 = bad. I think, 2010 is the year of ps3 too. january - march: 12 games(7exclusives) for Ps3 :)

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

makingmusic476 said:
Scruff7 said:

It is pretty sad.  The game is getting outsold by even Socom: Confrontation in North America and by Resistance: Retribution of all games in Europe (I know it's a different platform, but still).

The game is now generally selling about 2:1 EU:NA, which is pretty cool.  Killzone remains as one of the few (the only?) shooter IPs that sells better in Europe than in North America.

Maybe releasing a GotY or Complete edition with all DLC and all patches (particularly the controls patch) with a little bit of advertising can give the title a new lease on life.  Worked wonders for LittleBigPlanet, though LittleBigPlanet has numerous other reasons to still be selling so well at this point in its life.

That would be a pretty good edition, shame about the timing. if they could release a version like that for Christmas it would have made some pretty good sales.

Unfortunately, they'd have to also develop a Flux Capacitor for the 'Game of the Year' part (I could just loan Sony mine if they asked nicely).

Why don't americans like this game? Can't they handle the truth?! ;)

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network

Great sales all around. But Sony needs an even lower price point and some strong software for the US region.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Xbox360 ww numbers ara adjusted up. Before NA was up the total for the 360 was 36.7m. Now with 140K plus Vgchartz says its 37.05. Whats going on?

@djs,

it is up to VGC
there are some adjustements that are done
it seems 360 was a bit undertracked

Time to Work !

awesome for ps3....

xbox has an arcade model at 199 with games and elite with games AND cheaper than the ps3...

whenever the ps3 gets 199 its gonna be awesome.

the order of sales shouls stay like that imo.

with other big hitters in japan like yakuza 4 jap sales should remain high, god of war and gt5 round the corner the ps3 sales should excell forward now, rounding off next hioliday with agent.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...