GT5
GT6
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Versus
LBP
MGS4
GoW3

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

Kantor said:
KylieDog said:
HOME.

Best selling PS3 exclusive

PlayStation Home? That game is terrible. Even though it is free, it is limited in content, it has really long load times on my 512KB/second connection and I hate that they nickel and dime you when you want things for your character

Human contact, the final frontier.

the_lonely_gamer_123 said:

Kantor said:
KylieDog said:
HOME.

Best selling PS3 exclusive

PlayStation Home? That game is terrible. Even though it is free, it is limited in content, it has really long load times on my 512KB/second connection and I hate that they nickel and dime you when you want things for your character

I was simply pointing out that while Home may be the most downloaded and most played PS3 exclusive, it's not the best-selling, because nobody's bought it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Out of what's known now?

1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
3. LittleBig Planet (+GOTY Edition)
4. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
5. God of War III

...Agent won't be that big and it won't stay exclusive (1 year window at best). Ditto for Versus.

darthdevidem01 said:
ROFL @ you lot

you all forget Gran Turismo 6!
________

1. GT5

2. GT6

3. The Agent

4. Metal Gear Solid 4

5. Uncharted 2 : Among thieves

6. Final Fantasy Versus XIII

I don't want GT6 to come out this gen.

And even though Yamauchi said that, I still don't think GT6 will come this gen.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
i never understand you guys and GOW3. seriously do you guys not know the previous sales of the god of war series. god of war 3 will be around 3 million at best, based on first 2 sales. it isn't goint to be pulling 5 million or 10 million + numbers.

not sure what exclusives get for numbers, nintendo numbers screw me up so much, f*ing games getting 20 million is insane.

but reading above seems like a couple have 5 million+ so no way is god of war touchign them

I think you have to put those numbers into context. You are just looking at them out of context. GOW was a new IP that generation and it didn't come out until the console's 5th year. That is a long time into a consoles life cycle to be introduced to the user base. Also GOW II was released after the PS2 had started to decline and after the PS3 was already released. Just compare GOWII's sales figures to any PS2 game that came out around that time. GOWII kills them. Also you have to think about the reception that the GOW collection is getting on the PS3. It is selling pretty well for a remake collection. The reason why it was even released because they know a lot more people are interested in the GOW series than have actually played the first two.

GOWIII will sell very well. It has critical acclaim(winning many GOTY awards for both iterations), it has an established brand name now, it will have Sony's marketing behind it and it has the hype and momentum of the Playstation community, and it's target demographic is the same as many of the top selling HD console games(GTAIV, MW2, MGS4) unlike in 2007 when many of the PS2 sales had become for more casual/kiddy/immature gamers while it's core target market had already moved on to the 360/PS3 or was at least focused on moving to it rather than purchasing more PS2 games. 

jarrod said:
Out of what's known now?

1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
3. LittleBig Planet (+GOTY Edition)
4. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
5. God of War III

...Agent won't be that big and it won't stay exclusive (1 year window at best). Ditto for Versus.

GT5 Prologue is trailing Metal Gear Solid 4 by over half a million units, plus it isn't getting any marketing support, so it won't go ahead of MGS4. Little Big Planet? The game, while being marketed and a GOTY edition came out recently, is trailing MGS4 by over one and a half million units, so I don't think that will pull past Metal Gear Solid 4 either. I'd put Uncharted 2 on the list as well. 

There could be some Wii sports type game that releases early for the wand and is sold for cheap and it will become the PS's top selling exclusive. Other than that I don't see how anything can top GT5 or even come close.
Had U2:Amongst Thieves had a really good multiplayer then I would think it would sell a lot more and if U3 can have a great multiplayer it will sell around 6 or 7 mill but because third person shooters tend to not be nearly as popular or as fun/good as fps I don't think Uncharted will ever get passed that threshold of every single person has to own a copy. As is every single person just has to PLAY the game. And my copy is more than enough to satisfy me and my friends.

RVDondaPC said:
There could be some Wii sports type game that releases early for the wand and is sold for cheap and it will become the PS's top selling exclusive. 

I beg to god that doesn't happen.

Miguel_Zorro said:

I still think LittleBigPlanet will sell 6-7 copies before this generation is complete.  I think it'll look something like this:

Gran Turismo 5 10
Metal Gear Solid 4 6.8
LittleBigPlanet 6.2
Uncharted 2 5.6
Final Fantasy 13 5
Killzone 2 4.7
Resistance: Fall of Man 4.5
Gran Tuismo 5 Prologue 4.3
Uncharted 3.8
God of War 3 3.2

This assumes at least another 4 years of solid sales for the PS3.

Don't you think Uncharted 3 would be on there somewhere? Or is that too far in the future to be considered for hte chart?