By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official God of War III Thread - In the end, there will only be chaos !

hard mode was really hard, i died 200 times 0_0

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
hard mode was really hard, i died 200 times 0_0

I will check next time

I m sure i m over 200

Time to Work !

hatmoza said:
Naaaaaaaaaooooooo! I defeated everything and I all I had left was a one headed Cerberus and I died right at the last second :'(

I tried a combination of the Spartan army summon, and I would grapple the Satyr's when I had them alone in a corner!

Thanks to all of you. I think I got it now!

I used Cestus fist until a kill 1 cerberus head

then, God Rage to kill the other cerberus head

later, Cestus fist spell to "finish the fight"

It was a hard part, true. the part just before with the mass spawning minotaur+sorceror+footmen with shield+bommerang crawler was hard too

Time to Work !

Damn..this wait is killing me... not long now.....

Bloody nice game.

Around the Network

damn those Satyr's are a pain in the ass!!! THey are so fast and its hard to dodge them in a confined space. Took me like 25 mins to defeat the two guys in the corridor at hera's garden LOL!
ah yeah the crystal shard boss was also a pain in the ass i didn't know i had to upgrade the cestus to defeat the guy lol. I killed him after like an hour using trial and error after trying out different weapons. i'm playing on Titan mode mind you xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:
damn those Satyr's are a pain in the ass!!! THey are so fast and its hard to dodge them in a confined space. Took me like 25 mins to defeat the two guys in the corridor at hera's garden LOL!
ah yeah the crystal shard boss was also a pain in the ass i didn't know i had to upgrade the cestus to defeat the guy lol. I killed him after like an hour using trial and error after trying out different weapons. i'm playing on Titan mode mind you xD

yeah, very hard
also, if u use "rage of the god" while you have the cestus THEN your attack will have the cestus effect and damage him !!!
also, the little creep during this battle can help you to get some life back !!!

oh, about the satyr, yeah, very high parry rate AND they have a unblockable attack !

Time to Work !

VGChartz review is up:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7545

Do comment. And GoW3_ever, put it in the OP or I'll ban you >_>

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

hatmoza said:
patapon said:
hatmoza said:

I think I'm close to the end. I've been away from the hack n slash genre and I forgot how fun it could be. I'm really happy with this game ... but that's not why I'm here.

Because I always like a challenge in a game, I started my first playthrough on Titan. It was all good n dandy until I reached this part of the game were I have to fight a few enemies called "Satyrs" (it took me like half an hour to find what the name of those bastards were).

My question is, whats the strategy of fighting these creatures? I can take them one on one, but where I'm at, I'm fighting a Cerberus and a couple of them at the same time ... I've been at it for like an hour and a half and I couldn't find anything helpful on google.

Grab them

That's what I've been trying the last 10 minutes, but then it turns into a grapple where I have to button mash "O". but before I even get to finish it, the Cerberus knocks me to the ground.

Want a good but cheap trick? Use the Gorgon Serpent Soul on Hades Blades' magic. It's a Medusa, so it will turn your foes into stone. Satyrs are easy with this tactic. Also, if you think they're hard on Titan, just wait until you meet them while playing on Chaos.

However, game is really good, but imo sometimes the combat system is really flawed, especially on the two harder difficulties.

libellule said:
gustave154 said:

yeah, very hard
also, if u use "rage of the god" while you have the cestus THEN your attack will have the cestus effect and damage him !!!
also, the little creep during this battle can help you to get some life back !!!

oh, about the satyr, yeah, very high parry rate AND they have a unblockable attack !

I guess you are talking about the Scorpion? The WORST designed boss battle I have ever played. That fight was so full of bugs and minor annoyances like being stuck behind his legs (because of Cestus targeting being crappy) when he is preparing the 1 hit tailslam, etc.. The thing is, this is where my major complain about GOW comes in, you feel tricked by the game/computer sometimes. Cheated. Like this boss, he is SOOOO easy, but then when you have 1 leg left on red status, it's like the game knows you are going for a flawless victory and says to itself "I can't let that happen". Suddenly you miss a grab on one of the little ones (this NEVER happens, maybe 1 out of 100 times) and you get raped by the little ones. "Ok, let's try again you say". Next time you manage to survive the little ones, but the scorpion repeats the same attack over and over. You get tired, bored and unfocused by getting the tap L1 + R1 sequence 10 times in a row, and you get hit by some random, lame attack because you expected the same attack again. "Oh well, lets try again". Again, this time, you are going for yet another flawless victory. However, the computer won't have that, not over it's dead body, so this time it decides to hit you with the tailslam even though you're standing the EXACT same spot you have been standing every time you have been avoiding the slam. And it goes on and on. Attacks following you even after performing a perfect dodge, etc.

I also find it ridiculous that some weaker enemies, like the Siren, is able to COUNTER ATTACK me when I hit them with the Cestsus. I mean, come on. This is a little skinny female. I mean, even KRATOS could not block the Cestus attacks by Hercules, and Kratos can basically block EVERY other move in the whole game (which is ridiculous and gives the game a really easy combat system. You can block almost everything, so as long as you play cheap enough with enough patience, you can basically never die). I find it ridiculous that a Siren can not only block but ATTACK me while I am hitting them with the Cestus' hold [] move.

Also, sometimes the grab is really fucked up. I try grabbing an enemy to my left. This enemy is also 'asking' me to push O, the other enemies are not. So, when I push my stick to the left, trying to grab an enemy on my left with an O over their head, WHY THE HELL does Kratos try to grab an enemy on his right? Does he want to fuck up his hit combo? Does he want to get hit and die? Because I surely DON'T, that's why I pulled my stick to the left and not the right. Same problem with the dodge, sometimes, Kratos dodges where HE wants, not where I want at all. Sometimes he even dodges in the opposite direction of what I intended. This happens all the time and sometimes ruin my experience, because instead of wanting to try a battle again because it is challenging, I fell the game fucked it up and cheated me from completing the battle and progressing. I tried grabbing an enemy on my left not on my right, thus I pushed the stick left not to the right. How can the game not register this? This was especially annoying when fighting inside the labyrinth/cubes with the spikes coming up from the floor. SEVERAL times I jumped up in the air trying to grab the harpie which spawns at the end of each 'stage' in the battle. But who did Kratos grab? Did he grab the harpie in the air which was the closest enemy and the one I pushed my stick towards to? No, Kratos grabbed a Siren on the ground and pulled himself towards the spiky floor. And he did this not only once, but often TWICE in the same fights.

The game is soooo good in every aspect, and I can't put it away. But sometimes on Titan and Chaos the combat system really shows that it's lacking and repetitive, for instance, you can basically complete the game without ever doing any other moves but Square,Square,Triangle. The game is a master of making you feel cheated. The game is hard, but not the right kind of hard. I also dislike how the bosses are easy as hell, while a Ceberus (or whatever) with some Satyrs are keeping players stuck for 1 hour +. Oh well, love the game, will finish it on Chaos tomorrow morning!