By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official God of War III Thread - In the end, there will only be chaos !

I currently have the platinum for the game(attained last night) and my initial playthrough on normal took 7 and a half hours. My 2nd playthrough on Titan mode took about 13(due to dying and restarting over and over)

Around the Network

I think I'm close to the end. I've been away from the hack n slash genre and I forgot how fun it could be. I'm really happy with this game ... but that's not why I'm here.

Because I always like a challenge in a game, I started my first playthrough on Titan. It was all good n dandy until I reached this part of the game were I have to fight a few enemies called "Satyrs" (it took me like half an hour to find what the name of those bastards were).

My question is, whats the strategy of fighting these creatures? I can take them one on one, but where I'm at, I'm fighting a Cerberus and a couple of them at the same time ... I've been at it for like an hour and a half and I couldn't find anything helpful on google.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

I think I'm close to the end. I've been away from the hack n slash genre and I forgot how fun it could be. I'm really happy with this game ... but that's not why I'm here.

Because I always like a challenge in a game, I started my first playthrough on Titan. It was all good n dandy until I reached this part of the game were I have to fight a few enemies called "Satyrs" (it took me like half an hour to find what the name of those bastards were).

My question is, whats the strategy of fighting these creatures? I can take them one on one, but where I'm at, I'm fighting a Cerberus and a couple of them at the same time ... I've been at it for like an hour and a half and I couldn't find anything helpful on google.

What he said, these creatures are SOOO annoying.

I THINK I used the hercules big ass "gloves" lol. Then I just threw heavy hits (triangle). Or did I just do some Blades of Exile Square then Triangle spam ? gah I cant remmember. I think I made them bounce up and down and then I keept making sure they ..bounce, if you have them on the ground the bastards will block shitloads.

I think I know where you are though. Did you just do an icarus venting down to the three judges? That part was hard although I played on Normal so I did it, but I can imagine the horror of a higher difficulty lol.

hatmoza said:

Grab them

Yes! That's where I'm at. This isn't the first time I've had trouble. I got stuck shitloads but I like the challenge and always pull through in the ... but this part really got the best of me, and yes THE HORROR!

So if I keep juggling them in the air, they will eventually die?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
patapon said:
hatmoza said:

Grab them

That's what I've been trying the last 10 minutes, but then it turns into a grapple where I have to button mash "O". but before I even get to finish it, the Cerberus knocks me to the ground.

I think so,

Or else I say trap them in a corner and unleash a Spartan formation thingie, (The magic you do with the Blades of Exile) I had my blades maxed so the magic is pretty powerful. Ooor ANGER OF THE GODS? (L3+R3)

Naaaaaaaaaooooooo! I defeated everything and I all I had left was a one headed Cerberus and I died right at the last second :'(

I tried a combination of the Spartan army summon, and I would grapple the Satyr's when I had them alone in a corner!

Thanks to all of you. I think I got it now!

Hatmoza, you need to launch it into the air. then spam triangle. This tosses it about like a rag doll.

Over all? Best game this gen.

... hard mode is hard mode

I spend 1 hour to kill one of these boss (the one that become "cristal shard" when u kill him ...)

and yeah, Satyr are pretty hard, I failed a lot in my first encounter ...

I m close to the end  :D

Time to Work !