By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official God of War III Thread - In the end, there will only be chaos !

Alright, I gave my impressions in another thread, but I wanted to bump the official one!!! So here's an in depth, comprehensive explanation of what went on while I was playing GOW 3 [WARNING: May contain copious amounts of jizz]

At first I was all like

And then I was like

Soon after I went from to

Then I was all like again

From there, I had to take a brief intermission to clean the jizz out of my pants

...And then I was totally (poor hades)

Followed quickly back to

Cut, paste, do that a few hundred times and you have my experience with one of the best games ever created, God of War 3.

The end.

Around the Network

Carl, how many hours is it?

Any news on day 1 sales??

its about 12 hours if you don't rush

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

BEFORE I ForGOT

something amazingly about the monster QTE :

In the past GoW1/2, when you killed a montser with QTE, their was a "bug" that was making the monster (and you) turn to "face" the camera meaning that you were always seeing the death animation QTE by the same angle (typically when you were killing a minotaur)
This a disappeared : In GoW3, if a cyclop is turning is back to the camera, then he will turn is back to the camera during the QTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

about the lenght, I m about 6 hours in hard and I still not have ALL the different weapons (no spoiler)

I m guessing I will finish the game in 10hour

Time to Work !

Finished the game and am not playing the game again with Zeus Eagle.
RAGE OF SPARTA INFINITE POWAHHHHHH.
Seriously the godly possession make the game really fun to play again.
Even though i'm dissapointed the game's shorter than GOW2 (i finished it in 9 hours)
it definitely have more variety and awesome boss battle.
titan gameplay should have been longer it has sooooo much promise and potential in it.
I wanna thank SMS for making this AWESOME game and i hope with this new technology they can bring us better games in the future. (Shadow of the colossus with GOW3 engine plzzzzz)

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I finished it in 11 hours on Normal.

One thing that I really must give credit for is
(SPOILER AHEAD)

Aphrodite, I was in her chamber for atleast an hour. I just didn't want to leave xDDD.
The ending was so .. I still dont know.. I JUST DONT KNOW. my brother was watching it and he pretty much stole the last scene where you rape Zeus. But omg the game was sick. im a bit bummed though :( i didnt expect ..THAT to happen. But in the end its actually a good ending.

(SPOILER END)

Also, GoW 3 >

SPOILER

OK, I just have to vent right now. This game is epic, really epic. A matter of fact, the most epic game ever. That is, until you reach the Scorpion boss. I have NEVER witness worse design this gen on a boss. The boss is not necessarily hard, I do not really lose any life at all, the problem is that you have to attack him with the Cestus on his legs. First of, the Cestus' targeting on this boss is awful. Half the time, my hits aren't even registered and if you want to play a bit offensively, and get in some combos, not only block, dodge, attack, repeat you end up trapped behind his legs. This is where the problem begins. While being stuck behind his legs, he starts charging his tail. I have slim chance of getting away from that slam because of ridiculous invisible walls and the air dodge not dodging the way I want it to dodge. Seriously, I pull the stick to the right and he dashed left or up or down or wherever. It's like he chooses himself where he wants to dodge. What is the point of having me dodge, when he is living his own life. The problem is, even with full life, I die on this slam and I have no option but to play as a retarted grandmother

Seriously, the boss battle is so flawed in my eyes, that I've become so frustrated with the game that I actually want to shelve it and never pick it up, but I know I will be through with that awful boss in 5 minutes, so no point in doing that. Besides from this, the game is truly epic. Oh ye, and the dodge is way too unresponsive.

edit: yeah I just beat him ^^ but still, a truly boring and flawed boss.

The game i NOT shorter than GOW2. Also, Uncharted 2 is about 10 hours long but that didnt stop me to play it over 70 hours (not including multiplayer)