By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega thinks Nintendo should help with mature content on Wii.

LordTheNightKnight said:
"There is a reason why the conduit will outsell Madworld"

And why Call of Duty Modern Warfare is selling even better than that.

I meant by new IPS! Also The conduit should've had split screen

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

This topic actually brings a interesting thing to the table. We know Nintendo a lot, just look at the back of a NES.
http://www.vintagecomputing.com/wp-content/images/retroscan/nesfamily_large.jpg
Now it'll be interesting to see Nintendo creating a Mature franchise, not only publishing (like Eternal Darkness or Fatal Frame) I wonder what kind of things they can create.

When Nintendo has a kick-ass gaming idea that works better as an M level game (since M is just a US rating), then they will make it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Redemption !!!!!!

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

How about Sega stop worrying about mature content and start making games.

2D sonic please!?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
dib8rman said:

2D sonic please!?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

dib8rman said:

2D sonic please!?

Project Needlemouse!

Will probably suck.

So... Sega wants Nintendo to make:

Wii Make Love
Wii Want You Dead
Animal Crossing-Animals Attack
Mario and the blood kingdom
Zelda The Love Maker
Pikmin Bugs gone mad
Kirby learn to suck
Pokemon breeding game

I don't think so Sega.

So this brings up an excellent discussion topic. Here are two statements to consider -- one which we've heard frequently for years, and another we've heard only more recently.

1) Nintendo first party kills third party software sales. This is often used as an explanation for why third parties ignore Nintendo systems.

2) Sega wants Nintendo first party to make a specific type of game so that Sega can copy it. That specific type of game is a "mature" game.

I submit that these two statements are fundamentally at odds. If Nintendo first party kills third party sales, why on earth would third parties be actively requesting that Nintendo start making games in the genres they focus on? If statement 1 is correct, this would only serve to kill sales of the games Sega is trying to make.

In other words, statement 2 not only suggests that first party doesn't kill third party, it suggests that it helps third party. It gives them games to copy.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

So this brings up an excellent discussion topic. Here are two statements to consider -- one which we've heard frequently for years, and another we've heard only more recently.

1) Nintendo first party kills third party software sales. This is often used as an explanation for why third parties ignore Nintendo systems.

2) Sega wants Nintendo first party to make a specific type of game so that Sega can copy it. That specific type of game is a "mature" game.

I submit that these two statements are fundamentally at odds. If Nintendo first party kills third party sales, why on earth would third parties be actively requesting that Nintendo start making games in the genres they focus on? If statement 1 is correct, this would only serve to kill sales of the games Sega is trying to make.

In other words, statement 2 not only suggests that first party doesn't kill third party, it suggests that it helps third party. It gives them games to copy.

What shocks me the most is how this is NEVER requested from either Microsoft or Sony first party studios, only Nintendo. Nintendo has to make the game. Sony & MS never had to make squat. Part of the reason Nintendo catches so much flak is because they are a software company, and make the most first-party games. If Sony's division made as many games (not just published) would we be having the same discussion?

The self-defeating strategy by these 3rd parties are ridiculous. Are they really that stupid?

Just when I had built love for Sega  over the course of this generation, a couple of dudes come out and ruin all of it in 3 days flat.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."