By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega thinks Nintendo should help with mature content on Wii.

Beuli2 said:
What about SEGA and other third parties providing quality games?

Didn't you see Dead Space Extraction, which less action but more atmosphere? That's surely a quality game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

i think Nintendo could throw some money around (like Sony and especially MIcrosost) to attract bigger games from bigger developers.

but for them to make new IPS that they do not wish to make is ludacrist.

HappySqurriel said:

Who wants to bet that if Nintendo started publishing several (so called) Mature games on the Wii that were successful third party publishers would bitch that they couldn’t compete against Nintendo’s (so called) Mature games?

Exactly. He said "they need a big ticket because publishers aren't willing to invest..." Are you trying to tell me you can invest millions on a game like Golden Axe on the 360 which bombed but you never even venture past $10m on a Wii game? What.The.Hell

How about 3rd parties create the market by releasing "big-ticket" games? Why must Nintendo do EVERYTHING. Here is a good quote I archived:

A good product is marketed like this: "Hey, look at all of these cool bells and whistles that you'll get if you buy [product]! [Product] is awesome!"

Most of the "test games" for the Wii from third parties have been marketed to core Wii gamers like this: "Buy [product] if you want to see more of [product category]. And we swear that the next [product] will be better than this half-hearted effort! All we need are sales of this one!"

Do you see what's wrong with this picture? Third parties are marketing their core-market "test games" to nobody. The only incentive that they present for buying one of these "test games" is to see other games on the core market. They think that consumers (core-market consumers in particular, but also consumers in general) are stupid enough to throw their money away on a product that has no discernable benefit to them except for a vague promise of something better in the future that you'll have to pay even more money for.

Basically, they're approaching the whole concept wrong. If they had released a game that consumers wanted for its own benefits, they would have succeeded. But this "test game" garbage is nothing more than negative marketing, and time and again the sales numbers have shown that it doesn't work because consumers are too smart to fall for it. And then, each and every time, the developers or publishers of the "test game" wring their hands and state, "Look! There's no market for core games on the Wii!"

In reality, they're just self-fulfilling their own dire prophecies.

Another one From Naznatips, VGC Moderator after E3:

People, maybe you can't tell cause you weren't there, but the mainstream gaming press hates Nintendo. It's not something grounded in logic. They complain about Nintendo not showing enough hardcore games, but when they do they complain about 3rd parties getting no attention. Nintendo fills their booth with half 3rd party and half 1st party games, and then the media complains that Nintendo didn't have enough good stuff of their own to show. They announce sequels to games that will NEVER sell as well as Wii series games, just for the Hardcore (SMG2, Metroid, Golden Sun), and people still complain.

As an all-platform gamer who just spent 4 days in a row with these people, allow me to present you with a shocking revelation: the press is biased.

Nintendo can NEVER win with these people.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:

Nintendo can NEVER win with these people.

They understod that since the Gamecube era.

they should, but they won't, because the casual market is bigger than the M rated market.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
they should, but they won't, because the casual market is bigger than the M rated market.

And that's only because the M-rated one has like what, a dozen games? Then you have to take out the stinkers like Manhunt 2 and the ports like Obscure: The Aftermath and what do you have left? For Pete's sake, it seem you could've sworn Capcom made half of them while Sega made a third.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

We don't need games that are rated M because they spit guts out everywhere. We need a good game that is mature but not because of violance(which is to me childish) We need a game that doesn't feel like a cartoon. Basicly,Make a good reasonable mature game. There is a reason why the conduit will outsell Madworld

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

"There is a reason why the conduit will outsell Madworld"

And why Call of Duty Modern Warfare is selling even better than that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It'd be nice to have a couple "mature" titles in between Mario games.

Words Of Wisdom said:
It'd be nice to have a couple "mature" titles in between Mario games.

Like this one, eh? Right? Right? Wink wink nudge nudge?