By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First CES 2010 NATAL Video. Definately a 1 of a kind technology.

Nice vid. Still want to see a full fledged launch game. Where is Natal's Wii Fit/Wii Sports?

Around the Network
iWarMachine said:
selnor said:
iWarMachine said:
lol, i'm starting to sense a little bit of fail in natal, 1st with the stupid games they showed and now with the news that the motion chip will not be included in the development.

Thats not news. And it's confirmed at CES less than 24 hours ago, that the only thing Natal has software for is joint angles and limb interpretation. The camera with it's chip calculates in 3d, trillions of body points every frame and 30 times a second.

Products with lots of hate history says have always sold very very well.

lol! i don't hate the concept but i'm starting to see that this will not be like they wanted to be.

trillions of body points? trillions. even if the best processor calculates trillions of something, it would explode.

i can't wait to see this tech working, but right now, i'm more skeptical than ever.

Hate to reak it to you. Keynote CES 2010 Jan 6th. The above is confirmed. It's the same as E3. 50% Hardware and 50% software. not 40-60 or 30-70 all of a sudden. The same as we saw and heard about at E3. Something tells me Sony is starting a few rumours.

selnor said:
blackops said:

This video was clearly shown for a reason. To stop the fanboys arguing Eyetoy is the same. The explain how it works. And why nothing else is similar.

The technology may be far, far superior, but the premise is exactly the same: wave your limbs around to play the game.

It weren't fun with the Eyetoy, so why does everyone think it'll suddenly become fun with Natal? Will the increased accuracy really make something not fun, fun?

The video is really just the MS staff saying, "LOOK AT HOW AWESOME WE ARE!" (The dude wearing sun glasses whilst inside - during Winter, no less - made me lol.)

I don't know, maybe Natal will surprise me, and turn out to be amazing. Until we're actually show something worth getting excited over (eg. a game), I'm gonna remain sceptical. Because right now all they're giving us is bullshit PR like this video.

selnor said:
iWarMachine said:
lol, i'm starting to sense a little bit of fail in natal, 1st with the stupid games they showed and now with the news that the motion chip will not be included in the development.

Thats not news. And it's confirmed at CES less than 24 hours ago, that the only thing Natal has software for is joint angles and limb interpretation. The camera with it's chip calculates in 3d, trillions of body points every frame and 30 times a second.

Again... trillions of body configurations (and actually the quote was "virtually trillions of body configurations.")

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

selnor said:
iWarMachine said:

ps3.

Around the Network

its just and camera, soo that means... its an upgraded eye toy... if you like it or not its true.
All those things on screen i have already done in eye toy play etc..(but just tech waay less)
but oke...
dont know why this will make x360 win the console war thou?
gonne me expensive .

Natal will be Zune
Wii is the ipod.

Natal will not offer, in my opinion based on what ive seen, anything to make existing wii/360 owners spend another $100 and any wii or PS3 only owners from spending $300 for it.

It will have its place......just like the Zune does, that is all.

How easy is it to spend $150 bucks amd put in a BD? Why isnt it taking off? People are content and happy with DVD.

Why would the mass market take something as foreign as natal to control their PC or TV and why would feel the need to "upgrade" from the wii for motion gaming?

This has fail, from a sense that selnor is talking about it, written all over it. Natal will come out, natal will exist, natal may even be batshit fun, but natal will not change the world or cause a tidal wave in any market.

I agree I don't see what makes Natal so different until now...

Eyetoy games looked meh to me, even Eyepet while charming looks mostly aimed at kids, so until I see something new color me unimpressed.

I'd say the same thing about Sony motion control wands or wiimote games by the way...

The difference is the Wii is already very successful while Sony and MS have to convince us to buy their competitor products. I suspect it will be very hard since Eyetoy and PSEye didn't sell a lot.

steverhcp02 said:
selnor said:
iWarMachine said:

ps3.

The PS3 before 360 or PS3 launched was much more loved than any of the 3 new systems. It was it's lacking games and cheaper + better alternatives on it's release that secured it's 3rd place this gen.

Nice marketing video, but I'd like to see a full fledged use of the technology. Personally, I'd like to see this tech on next generation, not on this one. Specially with the advent of 3D gaming.

Oh, and this video made me remember things like "I'll look stupid waving my arms while playing the Wii" and "I like to play sitting comfortably on my couch"... and all of sudden, waving your arms AND your legs is now cool.