By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First CES 2010 NATAL Video. Definately a 1 of a kind technology.

I Don't get it!!! I just don't get it! It's me I know but I have seen 300 important people of the industry talking about natal now how it's gonna be the future of gaming, changing everything, expecting the unexpected....And everytime I see a couple of demo's of people controlling games with there hands...

The "wack the Ball" game and stuf. Sure it looks nicer as Eye toy, and the voice recognition will be great. But I still don't have the feeling I got when I saw the Nintendo Tennis game for the first time. The feeling that "I wanted to do that"...

I'm afraid I will just walk into a booth in 2010, play Natal, wack the ball a couple of times and walk down memorylane of my PS2... You can catch casual gamers by surprising them on a concept that they have never done before. I am afraid they have done this before..With lesser technology but they don't care. It's the same expercience.....

Fingers crossed.

Around the Network

Natal looks interesting and we will all have to wait until it actually comes out in 9 or 10 months.

But for thsoe that believe this is going to push the 360 into the lead for this generation are going to end up being wrong.Look at the gap that currently exists between the Wii and 360, nearly 28 millions. That is only going to grow and get larger between now and 10 months. There is no way that 360 from say Oct 2010 on will sell 28-32 million more units than the Wii does.

Besides, no one even knows how much the thing is going to cost. If it is over $100, ten the 360 is going to need a price cut.

The Wii has clearly won this generation.

hmmmm why is it with natal that there are sooooo many detractors always?and i never knew so many people had such narrow minds and limited thought patterns and imaginations.forget about gaming for a sec,and implement some of the other functions of natal.if you still see it as a gaming app only well there is no hope for yah peace.i patiently await the months leading up to natal launch,i suggest many others here do the same.wait and see hahahahahaaa.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

Bamboleo said:

I fail to see any other thing than a promo video with old clips... and, developers talking wonders about it... Like they would do the opposite -_-

When is CES opening? I wanna see the real stuff, and the real games for it...

this. The video offers nothing new on the gameplay side. It's all talks.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

check when the dad jumps out of chair and pretends to screw nuts on car wheel in thin air.

are people really serious that , thats the way they want to play a game.

i need to see more actual core game footage

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

To be honest, I came into this thread hoping to see new videos of NATAL but I'm disappointed because it's just MS staff hyping their own products. (same videos from last E3).

If MS wants to succeed with NATAL, they need to show full gameplay of a AAA title taking advantage of it but it seems to me it's just about the mini games and I'm yet to be proven wrong.

blackops said:
To be honest, I came into this thread hoping to see new videos of NATAL but I'm disappointed because it's just MS staff hyping their own products. (same videos from last E3).

If MS wants to succeed with NATAL, they need to show full gameplay of a AAA title taking advantage of it but it seems to me it's just about the mini games and I'm yet to be proven wrong.

This video was clearly shown for a reason. To stop the fanboys arguing Eyetoy is the same. The explain how it works. And why nothing else is similar.

lol, i'm starting to sense a little bit of fail in natal, 1st with the stupid games they showed and now with the news that the motion chip will not be included in the development.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

iWarMachine said:
lol, i'm starting to sense a little bit of fail in natal, 1st with the stupid games they showed and now with the news that the motion chip will not be included in the development.

Thats not news. And it's confirmed at CES less than 24 hours ago, that the only thing Natal has software for is joint angles and limb interpretation. The camera with it's chip calculates in 3d, trillions of body points every frame and 30 times a second.

Products with lots of hate history says have always sold very very well.

selnor said:
iWarMachine said:

Thats not news. And it's confirmed at CES less than 24 hours ago, that the only thing Natal has software for is joint angles and limb interpretation. The camera with it's chip calculates in 3d, trillions of body points every frame and 30 times a second.

Products with lots of hate history says have always sold very very well.

lol! i don't hate the concept but i'm starting to see that this will not be like they wanted to be.

trillions of body points? trillions. even if the best processor calculates trillions of something, it would explode.

i can't wait to see this tech working, but right now, i'm more skeptical than ever.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!