By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony/Ninty : nothing to counter MS in end 2010 ?

Miguel_Zorro said:
Gears 3 will be available on the PS3. Watch for it.

Gears of War 3 will never be on the PS3. Microsoft would never allow that to happen. Who would want to buy Gears of War 3 on PS3- if you have never played the first two games?

Around the Network
jneul said:
BrandonM said:
jneul said:
BrandonM said:
Seems to me both the Natal and gem don't measure up to the Wiimote even without motion+:

Natal needs bottoms, how are you going to shoot a gun, pause a game, move your character, change weapons?

Gem needs another controller just to get the same experience, and even still no analog stick:(

I am sure is Sony don't make a nun chuck like device a 3rd party will definately, either way PS Wand is better, and more accurate, allthough Wii has the casual market, so you need not be afraid of Sony

Oooh yeah leave it to 3rd parties lol I guess Wii is d0omed after all lol

huh where did  say Wii was doomed lol, I own one so I would never make such a comment. All I said was that PS Wand was better which it is, but that does not mean it will sell more, I beleive it will have some success just not as much as what Wii has experienced;)

Your right I mean they're is no denying it the Gem has better tech in it than the Wiimote. I just don't see it is a complete wii contender, but at least it's better than the Natal lol. I just hope Sony adds more to it is all.

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

jneul said:
BrandonM said:
jneul said:
BrandonM said:
Seems to me both the Natal and gem don't measure up to the Wiimote even without motion+:

Natal needs bottoms, how are you going to shoot a gun, pause a game, move your character, change weapons?

Gem needs another controller just to get the same experience, and even still no analog stick:(

I am sure is Sony don't make a nun chuck like device a 3rd party will definately, either way PS Wand is better, and more accurate, allthough Wii has the casual market, so you need not be afraid of Sony

Oooh yeah leave it to 3rd parties lol I guess Wii is d0omed after all lol

huh where did  say Wii was doomed lol, I own one so I would never make such a comment. All I said was that PS Wand was better which it is, but that does not mean it will sell more, I beleive it will have some success just not as much as what Wii has experienced;)

It would only matter if the tech in Gem actually was able to sell consoles, but its not, games are what will sell it, right now, it'll just look like a Wii clone without the Wii games

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

axumblade said:

You know....this is strange but I never actually thought of that...Technically, Microsoft bought the company out that made Natal (iirc) but it sounds more....erm....like traditional xbox accessories (other then the controllers of course) to release a halfass product and sell it for way too much (i.e.- Wireless Adapters, Wired Headsets). But at the same time, they already have the Xbox Live Vision (I believe that's the name of it). It is a camera that was used for You're In The Movies and was already essentially an Eyetoy with similar quirky motion sensing technology.

Well it's all speculation at this point. I do hope I'm wrong though, for MS fan's sake. I think they've been shafted enough as it is.

jneul said:

Judging from MS's history I would not be surprised if they have lied about Natal being more advanced than EyeToy, I saw the Half-Life video and was not very impressed at Natal either but there you go. I try not to be too judgemental however lol

Awesome about replaying FF8, where u at so far??

Well when they throw that sort of material, it's hard not to be judgemental. After seeing that video, I couldn't help but ponder on what would be a fitting nickname for it.... NaToy

I just started on disc three, where Laguna's been taken prisoner by some Esthar soldiers. This is probably my 6th time replaying FF8, and it's still as fun as the first time I played it. It just never gets old... It'll probably always be my fav of the series.

numonex said:

Gears of War 3 will never be on the PS3. Microsoft would never allow that to happen. Who would want to buy Gears of War 3 on PS3- if you have never played the first two games?

Never say never. If MS doesn't own it, Sony can get it (and vise versa). There is an audience out there for it.

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

dsister44 said:
jneul said:

Here is what I think will happen, please do no get upset as it is just an opinion not a fact:

• Wii is going to go mad sales wise, it is going to utterly destroy everything in 2010, and that is down to the games coming for it this year alone.
  • PS3 is going to do better than X360 in sales because of the huge momentum it has starting in 2010, not to forget the possibility of titles such as FF13vs releasing at christmas (that would help them out a lot), plus X360+Natal will cost more than ps3+PSEye+PSWands(2), and people will probably choose Wii or PS3 for their gaming fix.
  • X360 is going to sell even less consoles this year, and it will upset it's user base because Natal is going to cost a lot of money, so it will be too expensive for casuals to consider buying X360+Natal, which means only a few existing users on the X360 will actually bother with Natal.

Here is a big question what doe MS has up it sleeves to counter the PSWand release?? Wii can survive on games alone, lol.

Sony's Eye cost $40 dollars, and then you have to buy the Gem itself another $40-50? And then of course now you have to have another dualshock as well

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=eye

So Playstation Eye, 2 Gems, and a dualshock

$180

Microsoft's Natal $50-$80 http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/11/11/project.natal.price.ship.targets.slip.out/ 

Yeah, which is more expensive

Whats the extra DS3 for? Im sure the final design will not require this. And your point is absolutely ridiculous considering this http://www.amazon.co.uk/EyePet-Camera-Magic-Card-PS3/dp/B002L6GP5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1262881168&sr=8-1. Also remember that prices are flexible on accessories so they could be lowered a lot if needbe for sales. The Gem, PS Eye and a game could easily release for $80-$100.

Around the Network
Vexxmania said:

numonex said:

Never say never. If MS doesn't own it, Sony can get it (and vise versa). There is an audience out there for it.

Microsoft has airtight deals in place for the trilogy, PS3 will never get Gears 3.  PS4 might get Gears 4 though.

Same thing with Masse Effect iirc (original trilogy exclusive).

It's a lot like the arrangements Sony had in place for Crash and Spyro on the PS1.

actually microsoft had a deal for the first two games. However I believe epic has stated that they will be continuing said partnership.

nitekrawler1285 said:
actually microsoft had a deal for the first two games. However I believe epic has stated that they will be continuing said partnership.

The deal was for the trilogy.  In fact, there even being a trilogy was first leaked by Microsoft.

And where did Epic say anything of the sort?  Hell, they even gave Shadow Complex to MS exclusively, they're obviously not going anywhere... especially after how UT3 sold. 

I believe i saw the article on here. Too lazy to look. But they were saying the partnership with Microsoft was great and that they would continue thus destroying the notion of Gears of War on PS3.

I also don't think UT3 should be used as a metric for anything. They gave it no advertising and released in the same year as COD MW. Not a great indicator or market strength of a console. Hell this holiday sucked because people were smart enough to move away from the MW2 release. But i could care less really as i'm not interested in GeoW. Shadow complex is metroidvania from what i understand so i kinda would like that.

GT5 will be enough to keep Ps3 alive in 2010.

Wand will be failure ... camon its just like Wii so why will people buy a Ps3 for it when they have Wii ??

Last Guardian wont move Consoles but will be a Great game but not better than Zelda or Alan Wake. God of War 3 will be Strong to drive Sales :) And there´s nothing more , Heavy Rain wont move 1 Console and MAG is good but not that good to drive sales... its a AA Game maybe like Heavy Rain.

360 only has Natal to Drive Sales and nothing more , dude Halo Reach wont sale consoles everyone who loves Halo has a 360 already and the same for others games coming...