By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony/Ninty : nothing to counter MS in end 2010 ?

erm.. ur saying this when its nowhere near E3 or TGS failll :/

I owned a 360 for 7 months and i realised there is no point will all the PS3 games coming out this year Uncharted 3 <3

PSN : Stocko

Currently Playing : Dynasty Warriors 7 (PS3, 9/10) Ar Tonelico Qoga (PS3, 8/10) MVC3 (PS3, 9/10) Pokemon Black (DS, 9/10) Dissidia 012 (PSP, 10/10), God Eater Burst (PSP, 9/10)

Around the Network

Gran mother fucking Turismo.
BOOM!

I also think there will soon be a torrent of information on the Agent which could be huge for Sony.
Plus there may be 3 different FF games released for the PS3 this year, (XIII, XIII vs, and XIV) two of which are exclusive.

Also, I thought Gears 3 was being waited on till next gen.
Although maybe Microsoft considers Natal to be their soft launch of next gen tech, so who knows.
If Gears 3 does launch in the same holiday as Halo Reach and Natal and price cut (not to mention COD waw2 multiplat but whatev.)
then Yes, Microsoft will take Holidays 2010 unless Sony realllly surprises us at E3.

Either way this holiday season will be great.
I cant wait as I have both a PS3 and 360

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

richardhutnik said:
Gran Turismo will be pushing for Game of the Year and has a HUGE following. God of War 3 has its own niche that it appeals to. Dark Reign has potential for buzz also. And you have Final Fantasy due to hit. It is one thing to end up saying Microsoft is going to do well. It is another to throw down a fourth and long dire bomb in hopes you can gloat when no one bothers to reply to this, thinking you scored an awesome point.

==> could you care to explain ?

On the 360 side, I am awaiting Crackdown 2 and am surprised that you fail to mention Mass Effect 2, which is in the running (the franchise at least) of best RPG this generation.

==> it is released in early 2009, I didnt detail PS3-360 early line-up ...

I also you will be severely disappointed when you find out that Reach fails to move as many consoles as you would think it has. If everything Halo has NOT persuaded large numbers to buy a 360, then Reach isn't either, even if it is the best Halo ever.

==> I never claimed it was about "moving tonne of console". We all know only very FEWS games can move a lot of console.
But I assume that releasing a good pacing of game is able to maintain your plateform healthy and that is better than having a "blank" year with close to nothing hot on your plateform (hi Ninty !)

Time to Work !

WiiStation360 said:
I see 2010 sales in the same order as 2009 sales.
DS > Wii > PS3 > X360 > PSP

I don't see anything that will change that.

A few comments:

1) Comparing software lineups for the year in January always has it's problems.
- Many games for 2010 are still unannounced. ( see L4D2, SMB Wii, Wii Fit +, others last year)
- Games get delayed. GoW 3, Mass Effect 2, GT5, Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake were all hyped as 2009 system sellers in January of last year.
- Some hyped games turn out to suck. (Haze, Conduit, Too Human)
- You never know what exclusive really is not exclusive. (FFXIII, SO4, Bioshock)

2) Very few title in 2010, not matter how great, will give the PS3/360 more than a temporary hardware bump. They might sell hardware, but not at a sustained higher level. (GT5 might be the exception in Europe)

3) Wii Sports was the killer app that sold the Wii motion controller to the masses. They played it once, immediately had fun and wanted to get one for themselves. Until i see the killer app that will attract casual players to Natal/Sony's wand, I am skeptical of their long term appeal to the casual player.

4) All three console makers could slash their price in 2010 if needed. A price cut will most likely come from the 3rd place console first, followed by the others, depending on sales. Remember, everyone swore a $299 PS3 was not possible and the Wii had no reason to have a price drop in January of last year.

1/ I agree

2/ I agree but it still better to have games on your plateform than having nothing ...

3/ COMPLETELY AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/ true but Sony will be a bit restricted in their moves

Time to Work !

FKNetwork said:
puffy said:
Nintendo have the Vitality Sensor, which has even more potential than Natal

LMAO! that cracked me up!

But it's the truth.....

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Around the Network
Ghutto said:
Zelda.

The End.

plus Mario galaxy 2 and MH3:)

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

I don't know what to make of you, your profile says you own a PS3 yet I don't see a 360 tag and you seem to be on the 360 side of a stupid flamebate.

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

I'm predicting an E3 so fierce this year that the earth's crust may shatter and the atmosphere may be sucked into space.

Can't wait! xD

Remember, Ninty didn't reveal NSMBWii until E3 2009. You don't know what major games are going to hit in 2010 until at least then.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

well i don't think so after watching ces 2010...with halo and natal during the holidays man r sales r gna be ridculously high for 360...i don't see sony countering this but they better come prepared durin e3 cuz if sony loses 2010 to microsoft they lose the whole generation. A strong start doesn't necessarily equal to a strong and successful ending.