By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony/Ninty : nothing to counter MS in end 2010 ?

Iwata announced Zelda is releasing in 2010, most likely holiday '10...microsoft and sony lose.

hello how are you.

Around the Network
Showertea said:
Remember, Ninty didn't reveal NSMBWii until E3 2009. You don't know what major games are going to hit in 2010 until at least then.

That's another factor plus nintendo likes to reveal wii games 3-4 months before their release.

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

well sony has 3D perhaps?

luvtospooge said:

And 4D you can't forget 4D!

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Paperdiego said:
Iwata announced Zelda is releasing in 2010, most likely holiday '10...microsoft and sony lose.

Iwata said the game would release in 2010, but he failed to mention where, going by logic it will be Late 2010 for Japan, Very late 2010 to Early 2011 for America and Others.

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

Around the Network
BrandonM said:
luvtospooge said:

And 4D you can't forget 4D!

Silly me,how could I forget about that!

Miguel_Zorro said:
Gears 3 will be available on the PS3. Watch for it.

How? Gears of War is owned by Microsoft, just like Halo. And PS3 games like Uncharted, God of War, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid(Initially) are owned by Sony.

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

Playingwithfirex said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
Gears 3 will be available on the PS3. Watch for it.

How? Gears of War is owned by Microsoft, just like Halo. And PS3 games like Uncharted, God of War, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid(Initially) are owned by Sony.

No, Epic owns the IP. It still isn't going multiplatform, but Microsoft doesn't own the IP

Here is what I think will happen, please do no get upset as it is just an opinion not a fact:

• Wii is going to go mad sales wise, it is going to utterly destroy everything in 2010, and that is down to the games coming for it this year alone.
  • PS3 is going to do better than X360 in sales because of the huge momentum it has starting in 2010, not to forget the possibility of titles such as FF13vs releasing at christmas (that would help them out a lot), plus X360+Natal will cost more than ps3+PSEye+PSWands(2), and people will probably choose Wii or PS3 for their gaming fix.
  • X360 is going to sell even less consoles this year, and it will upset it's user base because Natal is going to cost a lot of money, so it will be too expensive for casuals to consider buying X360+Natal, which means only a few existing users on the X360 will actually bother with Natal.

Here is a big question what doe MS has up it sleeves to counter the PSWand release?? Wii can survive on games alone, lol.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:

Here is what I think will happen, please do no get upset as it is just an opinion not a fact:

• Wii is going to go mad sales wise, it is going to utterly destroy everything in 2010, and that is down to the games coming for it this year alone.
  • PS3 is going to do better than X360 in sales because of the huge momentum it has starting in 2010, not to forget the possibility of titles such as FF13vs releasing at christmas (that would help them out a lot), plus X360+Natal will cost more than ps3+PSEye+PSWands(2), and people will probably choose Wii or PS3 for their gaming fix.
  • X360 is going to sell even less consoles this year, and it will upset it's user base because Natal is going to cost a lot of money, so it will be too expensive for casuals to consider buying X360+Natal, which means only a few existing users on the X360 will actually bother with Natal.

Here is a big question what doe MS has up it sleeves to counter the PSWand release?? Wii can survive on games alone, lol.

Sony's Eye cost $40 dollars, and then you have to buy the Gem itself another $40-50? And then of course now you have to have another dualshock as well

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=eye

So Playstation Eye, 2 Gems, and a dualshock

$180

Microsoft's Natal $50-$80 http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/11/11/project.natal.price.ship.targets.slip.out/ 

Yeah, which is more expensive