By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 finally Hacked

axumblade said:

I have a few "48 hour trial" cards if you're interested in getting back on live. :P

Actually now that I think about it. There should be one in Halo 3:ODST let me check... nope I'm mistaken

Ooh another idea. *Checks L4D2* yep, I got one :). I need to get my avatar back anyways. She was kidnapped one day, and I never saw her again

Around the Network
czecherychestnut said:

On topic, the cost of the Blu-ray burner is always going to be a serious restriction to any hack allowing the use of copied games.  $150 seems around the cheapest at the moment.

So it's like cost of 3..4 games?

The PS3 has been "hacked" previously so the finally in the title is inaccurate if you consider this a reveal. Finally until any solution is released to the general public then I personally would not consider it truly hacked anyway, certainly not when its obviously not capable of truly bypassing all the security checks.

Once economically viable hacking eventuates watch PS3 sales soar . Sony better hope they are profitable on hardware by then.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Once economically viable hacking eventuates watch PS3 sales soar . Sony better hope they are profitable on hardware by then.

I wonder what the hackability of the PSP has done for its sales (probably quite a lot more than it would do for the PS3, since a hacked PSP does much more than just play naughty downloaded games...). Ragardless, if PS3 games sales per console bought are brought down to the same level as PSP game sales per console bought, Sony will be in biiiiigggg twouble! (As will gamers, since there'll be two console manufacturers left, and they've aimed at different demographics this generation; this will mean there'll be less competition and you can say goodbye to large scale price wars)

Also, I read the "explanation" on the haxnetwork site:

"PS3 backups load thanks to an exploit discovered when it is considered necessary is to upload a video showing the event.
My way of working will protect this exploit and not give details of how this occurs so that might not make the same mistakes of the past.
You have to patch both updates as other functions, the iso is not worth anyone … It requires a different process than those generated in linux are not worth keeping the encryption layer.
The exploit creates a CheckStop that generates a reboot and does not load everything back into memory but the function of pre patched disk and run the new copy.
The models are tested 40/60/80.
The games tested are 3, Killzone 2, burnout paradise, pes2008."

My only response to this is "has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" (yes, I know, it's an old meme but I thought it appropriate here)

Around the Network

3 Years and the only thing hackers have come up for a system that enabled system install out of the box is this?

Sony security engineers need a pat on the back for the great job done. I think the Ps3 will never be mainstream pirated, since when a exploit eventually arrives will not be worth since games will cheaper and the PS4 will be already here.

ANd since PSN is free, the ban fear would be even worse than Live ban.

solidpumar said:

since PSN is free, the ban fear would be even worse than Live ban.

^ broken logic

I hate pirates or hackers on every system.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I hope that nobody ever creates a hack for the ps3. I think that hacks are lame. If hacking is an important issue for some, then good luck to them. It just seems wrong to illegally play games or whatever. just my opinion.

As of right now , way to much work and money for little return, by the time you get set up , you could of bought KZ2 and these other games and had a lot of money left over. I Hate piracy, I believe these are the reasons why games are so expensive. The way I look at it is the more money made on these titles , the more money to back the next, the more money to back the next means a better more polished game. Maybe MS would not charge for XBL is they made money on all those games?