By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - capcom not happy with darkside chronicles sales, mh3 + hardcore games talk

Davey1983 said:

I'm willing to bet that Red Steel 2 and Monster Hunter 3 will be hits when they are released in the West.  Why?  Even though they are 'core' titles, they are well made and are tapping into what Wii gamers want:  arcade like action (assuming they don't put many cut scenes in them).

give an absolute number to "hits" and i may take you up on that bet.

Around the Network
Hisiru said:
Innervate said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:
HD Market is flooded with FPS games yet they manage to keep selling fine.

This "Too many rail shooters" excuse does not cut it.

Maybe wii owners wants to be flooded with FPS games and not On-rails?

-Edit-

And I agree with Lolcislaw. FPS games are much more popular and appeal to more players. Bad comparison

Should have bought The COnduit then.  Even Haze managed 800k despite HD consoles flooded with more FPS games than Wii is with rail shooters.

Well.. The Conduit (an average game with a bad campaign and problems with online) sold bad but a great port (MW: Reflex) of a 2 years old game is selling pretty well without advertising.

Because FPS games are popular and HD owners wants more. On-rails aren't popular and Wii owners wants something different.

You just said, FPS games are popular, so why did Conduit not sell more?  It was a hyped game that ended up being sub par, just like Haze.   Haze still sold though despite having an even more crowded/competitive market working against it.  Conduit had World at War and...PSP ports?

Because The Conduit isn't good. It was hyped? On the internet and some forums? So... we had like 500 people making hype for this game, this will help a lot in the sales, right? Even Haze has more quality than The Conduit. Wii owners wants more quality and that's why they are buying MW:Reflex (which you aren't mentioning) and not The Conduit.

What shocks me is that MW:R is a port of a 2 years old game and doesn't have advertising but it's selling and you won't talk about that, all you want to see is the bad side (using a bad game as example).

If they want quality, then why are they buying a bad port of a 2007 shooter? Let's be honest, it's still not as good of a port as it should have been, its quality is on par with The Conduit. The difference between the two titles is that one had hype while the other had anti-hype, so one ended up being a big disappointment (and resentment build) while the other ended up far exceeding such low expectations.

Reflex is only selling well due to its brand name, and the fact the system is still deprived of a quality FPS game. Nintendo needs to just make a blue ocean shooter themselves, the 3rd parties aren't going to do it.

Bad port? On par with The Conduit? Did you really played this game or you watched videos on the youtube? Reflex is a great port and the only difference is the HD graphics that the Wii can't reproduce but still, the campaign, the action and all the important stuff is there. Sorry but I refuse to believe that you played MW on the Wii. I played it on the PC, xbox360 and Wii, everything is there except for the HD graphics. Actually the gameplay makes this game more enjoyable on the Wii (for some people).

Yes, it's a bad port. It's not as awful as the World at War port, but that doesn't make it a good port. Features were still stripped, it still has a poor presentation about it and when you get right down to it, it's really no better than the conduit. Treyarch did a great job with what they had, but so did High Voltage Software. As HVS proved, dedication alone doesn't make a good game.

And to answer your question, yes I have played the game, and I am unimpressed.

Innervate said:
Hisiru said:
Innervate said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:
HD Market is flooded with FPS games yet they manage to keep selling fine.

This "Too many rail shooters" excuse does not cut it.

Maybe wii owners wants to be flooded with FPS games and not On-rails?

-Edit-

And I agree with Lolcislaw. FPS games are much more popular and appeal to more players. Bad comparison

Should have bought The COnduit then.  Even Haze managed 800k despite HD consoles flooded with more FPS games than Wii is with rail shooters.

Well.. The Conduit (an average game with a bad campaign and problems with online) sold bad but a great port (MW: Reflex) of a 2 years old game is selling pretty well without advertising.

Because FPS games are popular and HD owners wants more. On-rails aren't popular and Wii owners wants something different.

You just said, FPS games are popular, so why did Conduit not sell more?  It was a hyped game that ended up being sub par, just like Haze.   Haze still sold though despite having an even more crowded/competitive market working against it.  Conduit had World at War and...PSP ports?

Because The Conduit isn't good. It was hyped? On the internet and some forums? So... we had like 500 people making hype for this game, this will help a lot in the sales, right? Even Haze has more quality than The Conduit. Wii owners wants more quality and that's why they are buying MW:Reflex (which you aren't mentioning) and not The Conduit.

What shocks me is that MW:R is a port of a 2 years old game and doesn't have advertising but it's selling and you won't talk about that, all you want to see is the bad side (using a bad game as example).

If they want quality, then why are they buying a bad port of a 2007 shooter? Let's be honest, it's still not as good of a port as it should have been, its quality is on par with The Conduit. The difference between the two titles is that one had hype while the other had anti-hype, so one ended up being a big disappointment (and resentment build) while the other ended up far exceeding such low expectations.

Reflex is only selling well due to its brand name, and the fact the system is still deprived of a quality FPS game. Nintendo needs to just make a blue ocean shooter themselves, the 3rd parties aren't going to do it.

Bad port? On par with The Conduit? Did you really played this game or you watched videos on the youtube? Reflex is a great port and the only difference is the HD graphics that the Wii can't reproduce but still, the campaign, the action and all the important stuff is there. Sorry but I refuse to believe that you played MW on the Wii. I played it on the PC, xbox360 and Wii, everything is there except for the HD graphics. Actually the gameplay makes this game more enjoyable on the Wii (for some people).

Yes, it's a bad port. It's not as awful as the World at War port, but that doesn't make it a good port. Features were still stripped, it still has a poor presentation about it and when you get right down to it, it's really no better than the conduit. Treyarch did a great job with what they had, but so did High Voltage Software. As HVS proved, dedication alone doesn't make a good game.

And to answer your question, yes I have played the game, and I am unimpressed.

Which important features are missing in the Wii version? MW:R is a much better game than The Conduit just because of the campaign alone. I wasn't expecting to see something similar to MW on the HD consoles (obviously), but I am impressed because everything is there, you have the same feeling, the same number of enemies, the same action, the same campaign etc. Of course, the multiplayer isn't the same but it's nothing that will hurt you. You can't say it's a bad port just because the graphics are worse than the HD version, the Wii has it's limitations, Treyarch developed a great port considering the Wii's hardware.

I didn’t buy this title because Umbrella Chronicles just wasn’t my cup of tea. And to be fair I thought it was a stupid decision on Capcom’s part. Why create a game like Darkside Chronicles when fans of Resident Evil on the Wii are clamouring for a fully fledged title? If they had remade RE2 for example I’m sure it would have sold a much higher number than DSC - if Capcom can’t see that… well there’s something wrong.

This is a shame...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Rick1331 said:
I didn’t buy this title because Umbrella Chronicles just wasn’t my cup of tea. And to be fair I thought it was a stupid decision on Capcom’s part. Why create a game like Darkside Chronicles when fans of Resident Evil on the Wii are clamouring for a fully fledged title? If they had remade RE2 for example I’m sure it would have sold a much higher number than DSC - if Capcom can’t see that… well there’s something wrong.

Buy the REmake and RE0 Achives games if you want full titles.  People keep talking of RE4 yet ignoring these two.

People are ignoring them for good reason - they are the exact same GC version, they haven't been remade for Wii controls. Personally I intend buying REmake at some point, but this doesn't mak it relevant to the discussion - it's exactly the same game (which I haven't played) as the GC version. RE4 on the other hand...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

well, they can port Darkside Chronicles to the PS3!

morenoingrato said:
they're basically saying:
PS360 will win in 2010

Thats kind of a strange comment.

Capcom is not the last word on who will win anything.

They are to lazy to make a strong commitment to the Wii

This is a case of "damned if you do and damned if you don't".

If wii owners buy a game that they don't really want, but wan't to show support for a hardcore game, what happens is that is showing capcom that we want more on-rails, which we don't.

If wii owners don't buy it, to show that we don't want on-rails, then capcom says hardcore don't sell on wii.

I don't know how the gamers can be blamed in this situation. Game developers are not listening. That is all.

thornstrom said:
Wii is such an interesting console :) Everybody tries to figure it out. Suddenly someone has a success with something, and everybody tries to copy it. Later they realize it's not that easy.

Wouldn't a game with the quality of "New Super Mario Bros Wii" or "Mario Kart Wii" had been successful no matter who developed/published it?

this is an old post, but absolutely not. The only reason those games are successful is because of the name.