By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - capcom not happy with darkside chronicles sales, mh3 + hardcore games talk

nintendonitis said:
Quit these lousy excuses!
This game has a MAJOR RESIDENT EVIL branding and production quality. Yet to bomb on a console that brags 60 million installed base this is ridiculous though I am not surprised.
ITS BECAUSE majority of Wiis play pirated games you can copy on a DVD and most parents who bought the Wii just to give a cheap ass present for Christmas don't really play video games nor care to buy another one unlike those who get a 360/PS3 to really play games on a regular basis.
If this was made on the HD consoles it could have made the expected success of any RE title before it.
The Wii is a 3rd party developer's worst nightmare.

So let me get this straight...

- Umbrella Chronicles doesn't exist
- Darkside Chronicles is a main RE game
- People only play pirated Wii games
- No one with a Wii plays games
- HD = instant success

Is that right?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

People just need to accept what the wii is and if offers what they want it shouldnt matter.

Others complaining about sales and Capcom needs to stop blaming the userbase....folks, the wii is the wii....you cant do the same things with the control scheme that you can do on conventional consoles, you dont get conventional games.

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?page=1&results=50&name=&console=Wii&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=

Of the top 30 selling games WW 10 have mario or sonic in them.
Of those 30:

4 are fitness games.
6 are "Wii" branded games (music, fit, sports, resort)
13 are mini game compilations.

So, maybe rather than blaming nintendo or Capcom for not giving you what you want, perhaps the Wii just doesnt offer what you want. Queue the argument "theyre supplying us", I will say if they dont offer what you want get something that does.

If youre happy with the wii then theres no sense in bitching in this thread....if you see and understand why this is happening look at the sales and look at why the wii is atop marketshare, they go hand in hand folks.

You cant say studios need to be creative and figure it out, the wii platform is a medium for what it sells, and as we see by the link i provided it is what it is.....is that medium doesnt offer the software you want then find something that does.

CAPCOM:

Make REmake2. REmake is a masterpiece, give us one more. Then you'll see a sales boost on Wii software...

P-l-e-a-s-e...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

nintendonitis said:
Quit these lousy excuses!
This game has a MAJOR RESIDENT EVIL branding and production quality. Yet to bomb on a console that brags 60 million installed base this is ridiculous though I am not surprised.
ITS BECAUSE majority of Wiis play pirated games you can copy on a DVD and most parents who bought the Wii just to give a cheap ass present for Christmas don't really play video games nor care to buy another one unlike those who get a 360/PS3 to really play games on a regular basis.
If this was made on the HD consoles it could have made the expected success of any RE title before it.
The Wii is a 3rd party developer's worst nightmare.

Wrong...

The rail-shooter is 'cause de pointer of the Wiimote. You wanna play a rail-shooter with the stick?  LOL

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

ClaudeLV250- Agree with everything you said

steverhcp02- Reason those mini games sell so well on Wii is because yeah they are more popular with casuals and little kids, but they are also only $20, that's what they're into, and that's what they've always been into even on the PS2, PS1 (maybe not to the same extent but still). Another thing to keep in mind too is these shovelware games that sell well also have incredibly poor satisfaction scores on amazon and best buy's websites, even though they sell customers aren't satisfied... just something to keep in mind since as a company you want to build a good reputation, not a poor one. Also casuals aren't the only people who own Wii, devs seem to overlook that EVERY TIME!

I honestly don't think studios need to be creative on the Wii platform, in fact I think they need to hold back and just focus on making a good game. Personally I think Resident Evil 4 and Pikmin NPC are the best at taking advantage of Wii's interface out of all the games that are out, ironically neither game was originally designed with Wii in mind. Difference is they made a great game first and figured out a practical way to enhance the gaming experience with the Wii's superior controls. I'm not saying this should be the method for making every game on Wii but devs really need to take a step back and ask themselves if they are trying too hard to make the gameplay on Wii more different than it should be.

Perfect example is rail shooters, I hate rail shooters and I would of bought Deadspace and the RE Chronicles games in a heartbeat if they would of been third person, but they weren't, bottom line this was a deal breaking for hundreds of thousands of Wii owners I'm guessing (just look at the massive backlash these games got when they confirmed they were rails).

Conveniently you left out the fact that RE4 is the best selling mature game on Wii and all of Nintendo's core franchises are selling better that ever. I doubt grandmas and toddlers are playing Galaxy, Metroid, and Twilight Princess. Bottom line; quality mainstream games sell.

Out of the entire collection of Wii games I own, only 2 I like haven't sold over 1 million, and those are SSX Blur and Pikmin NPC. I got Medal of Honor Heroes 2, The Conduit, and No More Heroes and can see why none were big hits, all were mediocre, average at best and that's why they give me more buyers remorse more than every Wii game I own. None of the Wii games I own that sold over 1 mil have given me buyers remorse on the other hand. Demographics isn't the problem, quality is the problem.

I'm going on way too much of a rant so I'm done.

Around the Network

people should stop blaming the wii. third parties just want to make quick bucks with the wii and if doesnt sell millions, its the wii demographics fault. u dont hear about capcom complaining about the failure of bionic commando as much as they do with zack and wiki. capcom should port darkside chronicles to hd systems to prove themselves.

shokenchi said:
people should stop blaming the wii. third parties just want to make quick bucks with the wii and if doesnt sell millions, its the wii demographics fault. u dont hear about capcom complaining about the failure of bionic commando as much as they do with zack and wiki. capcom should port darkside chronicles to hd systems to prove themselves.

People blame Wii for no other reason but to be detractors. You never heard this argument beforehand about the console or the manufacturer inprevious generations. Not once did anyone say that Okami should have sold more on PS2 but didn't because the install base is too casual or that Sony should have ponied up the money for development or advertising. I actually remember smeone whining about Quantum of Solace sales on the Wii. Can you honestly imagine someone defending Superman 64, their entire argument based on the fact that Superman is a recognizable brand and should have sold more because of that? And that the PS1 audience would have been more receptive? When you take these exact same arguments from this gen and apply them to games from previous gens, they are revealed for what they truly are: asinine.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"