By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - capcom not happy with darkside chronicles sales, mh3 + hardcore games talk

LordTheNightKnight said:
"They rerereleaseed RE4 for Wii (great game but VERY LITTLE EFFORT to make)"

Not really true. Just because the Wii is based on the GC does not mean the games would be easy to redo on the Wii. And I don't just mean the controls. The game code has to be rewritten for the differences, and tested to make sure there aren't any unforeseen bugs.

Plus the RE4 Engine had to be adapted to work on the Wii as well.

Which is incredibly easy for a developer as talented as Capcom.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Not really true. Just because the Wii is based on the GC does not mean the games would be easy to redo on the Wii. And I don't just mean the controls. The game code has to be rewritten for the differences, and tested to make sure there aren't any unforeseen bugs.

Talent doesn't reduce difficulty. It just increases skill.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Bobbuffalo said:
Bruno Muñoz B said:

BTW, did they say the same when Breath of Fire V, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2, Final Fight: Streetwise, God Hand, Onimusha: Blade Warriors, Auto Modellista, Maximo vs. Army of Zin, Shadow Of Rome, Resident Evil: Dead Aim, Okami, Dino Stalker,  Mega Man X: Command Mission or Chaos Legion bombed on PS2?

Lol no. They wouldn't ever insult the all might PS2 users :P

I actually own and love those titles you mentioned. CAPCOM FTW

Capcom France sales for comparison...

Street Fighter IV (360,PS3) : 125,000
Street Fighter IV (PC) : 9,200

Resident Evil 5 (360,PS3) : 245,000
Resident Evil 5 (PC) : 7,000

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) : 33,700

Resident Evil : The Darkside Chronicles (Wii) : 16,000 (3 weeks)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii) : 140,000

...surprising that RE4 Wii likely outsold each RE5 SKU.

^^LOL, why dont you compare the sales worldwide?

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
^^LOL, why dont you compare the sales worldwide?

Because this is a Capcom France rep.  And he was talking about his market's sales specifically.

LOL, why don't you read the actual article?

Bruno Muñoz B said:

BTW, did they say the same when Breath of Fire V, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2, Final Fight: Streetwise, God Hand, Onimusha: Blade Warriors, Auto Modellista, Maximo vs. Army of Zin, Shadow Of Rome, Resident Evil: Dead Aim, Okami, Dino Stalker,  Mega Man X: Command Mission or Chaos Legion bombed on PS2?

No, because everyone expected the PS2 to be a hit from the beginning, and so they went into that generation putting their highest priority on making PS2 titles.  So even when countless titles were doing badly, they still pressed on trying to make sure a few would become hits to make up for those and possibly sell multi-millions.

When the Wii was announced, everyone expected it to be just another GC at best, if not flop.  So little priority was put into making Wii titles.  But after the Wii took off, third parties still didn't change their mentality of 'this just a secondary machine to the HD consoles'.  Which is why the Wii is in the state its in today.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

It's  just a quick wii port with Wiimote controllers.....

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

BrandonM said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

It's  just a quick wii port with Wiimote controllers.....

I already stated why that assumption is wrong. Did you even read the whole quote train?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Quit these lousy excuses!
This game has a MAJOR RESIDENT EVIL branding and production quality. Yet to bomb on a console that brags 60 million installed base this is ridiculous though I am not surprised.
ITS BECAUSE majority of Wiis play pirated games you can copy on a DVD and most parents who bought the Wii just to give a cheap ass present for Christmas don't really play video games nor care to buy another one unlike those who get a 360/PS3 to really play games on a regular basis.
If this was made on the HD consoles it could have made the expected success of any RE title before it.
The Wii is a 3rd party developer's worst nightmare.