By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - capcom not happy with darkside chronicles sales, mh3 + hardcore games talk

Jumpin said:
VGchartz has it at 260,000?!

16k only in France.

Around the Network
Mithos said:

Please, be careful, it's an interview of Capcom France, not Europe nor USA. The sales quoted are only for France.

This

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Oh, its France? France doesn't count then.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Gamerace said:
I agree. The core gamers on Wii have moved on to HD where all the Core games are. They may have a Wii but they'll buy NSMBW over RE:DC for Wii. Why wouldn't they? They have RE5.

I do believe '09 will be the death of 'core' games on Wii. None have sold impressive numbers and it's just easier for publishers to focus on the core market on HD where their core games sell rather than try to adapt them to a relatively unknown expanded audience on Wii.

To create mass success on Wii will require a radically new way of thinking for most publishers and developers. I just hope some are up to the challenge, because HD development is a losing game.

That would be the wrong lesson for them to take from 09 then, and it would be sad. The sales were due to other problems, problems that the publishers could easily rectify without having to depend even more on the "win big or go home" world of HD core game development.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Gamerace said:
I agree. The core gamers on Wii have moved on to HD where all the Core games are. They may have a Wii but they'll buy NSMBW over RE:DC for Wii. Why wouldn't they? They have RE5.

I do believe '09 will be the death of 'core' games on Wii. None have sold impressive numbers and it's just easier for publishers to focus on the core market on HD where their core games sell rather than try to adapt them to a relatively unknown expanded audience on Wii.

To create mass success on Wii will require a radically new way of thinking for most publishers and developers. I just hope some are up to the challenge, because HD development is a losing game.

The other problem these developers have with focusing on HD consoles is that there's a good possibility they'll still lose tons of money.

Around the Network

I notice in the interview they seem to be really down on DS and really betting hard on the HD Twins to come through for them. I don't think this will end well for them honestly.

morenoingrato said:
they're basically saying:
PS360 will win in 2010

Not so much.

They're saying it's easiser for them to work on the PS360.

You just need to largely make better looking PS2 games.

It's more expensive that way... but Capcom can't figure out what Wii gamers want.  So may as well go for the high expense, low reward products, since Capcom has more then enough IP's to play the rising development cost game.

Ghutto said:
Enough with on-rail games.

This.

Kasz216 said:
morenoingrato said:
they're basically saying:
PS360 will win in 2010

Not so much.

They're saying it's easiser for them to work on the PS360.

You just need to largely make better looking PS2 games.

It's more expensive that way... but Capcom can't figure out what Wii gamers want.  So may as well go for the high expense, low reward products, since Capcom has more then enough IP's to play the rising development cost game.

I think Capcom knows what Wii gamers want, cause i dont really think that they are much different then those on HD systems, but they wont deliver those products on the Wii (everyone knows that games like RE , SF etc. etc. would sell as well as on the HD consoles) instead they are releasing titles like DC or Spyborgs too fund their other projects.

At least they got MH III and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom which look like they have as much production value like HD consoles.

It annoys me when companies complain, without even seriously trying.

KylieDog said:
HD Market is flooded with FPS games yet they manage to keep selling fine.

This "Too many rail shooters" excuse does not cut it.

But FPS's are the most popular genre, which caters to majority of gamers this generation. Also the big games keep selling well that's true, but there are a lot of titles out there that are underperforming.

And Rail shooters never had this status. It's a ridicilous comparison.