By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - capcom not happy with darkside chronicles sales, mh3 + hardcore games talk

Right; blame the audience or the wii. That's a standard response, i dont know how they did not realise that Wii market is over saturated with on rail shooters.

Around the Network

Oh Capcom. I love your continuing love-hate relationship with Wii.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Please, be careful, it's an interview of Capcom France, not Europe nor USA. The sales quoted are only for France.

Choice is yours

"total of 16,000 units sold." - (?) I must not be reading it correctly.

Edited: So only 16000 sold in France?

LOL put your Rail-shooters up your A.S.S

Around the Network

VGchartz has it at 260,000?!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I do not understand for the life of me why publishers don't get the point, that crap games do not sell anymore. Everything and therer mother have an On rails mode on the wii. Hell both the CoD games (some of the better offereings on the system) have a psuedo rails mode (the 2 player coop). But publishers are shortsighted, and the people that work there have serious myopia. It seems only Warren Spector has some vision anymore. Here is hoping Epic Mickey is the System Shock of platformers (I expect it to be).

Bamboleo said:
LOL put your Rail-shooters up your A.S.S

With the Zapper?!?! That sounds extreme!!!! :0

(and a typical portuguese response ;) )

More on Rails games please! Point, shoot and shake is what Wii does.

I bought RE:DC...and Dead space, and house of the dead....

I agree. The core gamers on Wii have moved on to HD where all the Core games are. They may have a Wii but they'll buy NSMBW over RE:DC for Wii. Why wouldn't they? They have RE5.

I do believe '09 will be the death of 'core' games on Wii. None have sold impressive numbers and it's just easier for publishers to focus on the core market on HD where their core games sell rather than try to adapt them to a relatively unknown expanded audience on Wii.

To create mass success on Wii will require a radically new way of thinking for most publishers and developers. I just hope some are up to the challenge, because HD development is a losing game.