By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - capcom not happy with darkside chronicles sales, mh3 + hardcore games talk

Honestly I want to see them do an original 1-3 Resident Evil taking advantage of the Wiimote and see where that gets them. Resident Evil was more an adventure game when it started and I want to see it return to its roots.

Tease.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:
HD Market is flooded with FPS games yet they manage to keep selling fine.

This "Too many rail shooters" excuse does not cut it.

Maybe wii owners wants to be flooded with FPS games and not On-rails?

-Edit-

And I agree with Lolcislaw. FPS games are much more popular and appeal to more players. Bad comparison

Should have bought The COnduit then.  Even Haze managed 800k despite HD consoles flooded with more FPS games than Wii is with rail shooters.

We bought Call of Duty: World at War, Red Steel, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare instead. Funny how you don't mention those though...

It's not a saturation of light gun shooters that's the problem, it's the fact that House of the Dead 2&3, ports of old games, are still more fun to play. REUC, REDC, DSE and others might be decent games, but are either flawed or not as appealing to fans of the genre.

Capcom should have just made that Resident 2 REmake instead of turning it into a light gun game. Fans of the series actually want that.

hopefully Capcom dosent slow down Wii support they have been a very strong 3rd party dev for Nintendo

It's weird how the Wii gets bad mouthed by a Capcom rep when a game does not perform to their expectations. Yet if a game fails to perform up to their expectations on the HD systems nothing is mentioned. Bionic Commando for example, has not been mentioned in the press by any Capcom rep. They act as if the game has sold well when it clearly has not and the development cost of that game is a lot more than a rail shooter on the Wii.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:

-Edit-

And I agree with Lolcislaw. FPS games are much more popular and appeal to more players. Bad comparison

Should have bought The COnduit then.  Even Haze managed 800k despite HD consoles flooded with more FPS games than Wii is with rail shooters.

Well.. The Conduit (an average game with a bad campaign and problems with online) sold bad but a great port (MW: Reflex) of a 2 years old game is selling pretty well without advertising.

Because FPS games are popular and HD owners wants more. On-rails aren't popular and Wii owners wants something different.

You just said, FPS games are popular, so why did Conduit not sell more?  It was a hyped game that ended up being sub par, just like Haze.   Haze still sold though despite having an even more crowded/competitive market working against it.  Conduit had World at War and...PSP ports?

For all the people who keep mentioning it RE4 Wii Edition it is a game from one of the most popular series and it was released at a low budget price and deny it all you want brand recognition + price affect sales a lot.   If you think you are going to get another main series game with a large budget released at a budget price also you are kidding yourself.   What more (with other examples people using like CoD) you are pretty much limiting any Wii game to already established series that is hugely popular when with the exception of a couple of Japan centric games devs have shown they prefer to bring these to HD consoles and take them a step up from last gen, giving the Wii new/reletively new IPs.

Well people are listing those games because they are the only big franchises to appear on the Wii and they all have been succesful. That's why they are good example, and these are sort of games that majority of users want. There is nothing wrong with it.

See i dont actually mind those games being on HD consoles if devs think that they can accomplish more there artistically or commercially (i've got access to this games),

i just hate bullshit excuses, ones that that Sega dev uses

KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:

-Edit-

Well.. The Conduit (an average game with a bad campaign and problems with online) sold bad but a great port (MW: Reflex) of a 2 years old game is selling pretty well without advertising.

Because FPS games are popular and HD owners wants more. On-rails aren't popular and Wii owners wants something different.

You just said, FPS games are popular, so why did Conduit not sell more?  It was a hyped game that ended up being sub par, just like Haze.   Haze still sold though despite having an even more crowded/competitive market working against it.  Conduit had World at War and...PSP ports?

Because The Conduit isn't good. It was hyped? On the internet and some forums? So... we had like 500 people making hype for this game, this will help a lot in the sales, right? Even Haze has more quality than The Conduit. Wii owners wants more quality and that's why they are buying MW:Reflex (which you aren't mentioning) and not The Conduit.

What shocks me is that MW:R is a port of a 2 years old game and doesn't have advertising but it's selling and you won't talk about that, all you want to see is the bad side (using a bad game as example).

yeah capcom france will make HD twins win in 2010. ...so relevant.

Kenology said:
KylieDog said:
Hisiru said:
KylieDog said:

-Edit-

We bought Call of Duty: World at War, Red Steel, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare instead. Funny how you don't mention those though...

i lol in your direction for useing call of duty as an example of there being a core audience on the wii.

call of duty will sell more software in 1 hour only on the 360 only in america then it will it will sell in it's entire lifetime on the wii.  if anything it proves that the audience for a game like MW is on the HD consoles and not on the wii.  oh sure, there are a few people that will buy it and i don't doubt they made there money back but that's not going to go far to move developers from the HD twins to the wii.

KylieDog said:

Your comparison doesn't add up. On Rails shooters are at a level with Point and Click adventures. FPS games are focused around online multiplayer, offering a much higher value of replay. Once you beat an on-rails shooter, its over. Once you beat the campaign on a FPS, you have many wasted nights of online deathmathces =) In other words, too many rail shooters does very well "cut it"

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com