By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crunch time for the PS3

I believe the PS3 will increase week after week until it breaks the 100k mark. It certainly can't go DOWN at a $400 price point.

Around the Network

Crunch time for the ps3 (this christmas)? Yes it is
Will Sony finish in third this Christmas? Yes
Since I am not a shareholder in the company, or an employee- this is okay with me.

Third place has never been so sweet.

On an unrelated note:
today i bought Call of Duty 4 for the 360.
I came home to play it, went to turn on the system
And 3 red lights- looks like 8 or so weeks till I get my 360 back
I then went back to gamestop and exchanged it for the PS3 version
I was debating on which version of the game to buy- but the 360 made the decision for me.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Slorgnet, you're outta this world. What kind of philosophy is this to have two consoles have combined sales equal to the Wii? It's like trying to find a ray of sunshine up someone's arse for pete's sake, it just doesn't look good.

OT: it's just priceless for me that there are so many people who own a PS3 that claim the Wii is for kiddies while defending games like ratchet&clank, which obviously is not much more mature than nintendo platform games. And now hypocrisy as shot off completely with these sales. What kind of numbers are these for an AAA title?It's more disappointing than MP3 sales in the US.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Wojtas, did you just point out how fanboys are hypocritical?

If so, you just answered your own question right there.

madskillz said:

All I am saying is - Sony looked like geniuses with the PS1 and PS2 - and have on dunce caps with the PS3.

I still remember that people called Sony idiots the first (two) years of PS one and PS2.

And Sony always got saved by MGS and FF with PS one and PS2. 

Around the Network

Yeah, but the problem is that now Sony doesn't have a one year lead, and their competition is much craftier.

MontanaHatchet said:
Yeah, but the problem is that now Sony doesn't have a one year lead, and their competition is much craftier.

True,

I am just saying that in the past the PS one and PS2 were called a disaster too (in sales) but everytime when MGS and FF came along the consoles start to sell.

MontanaHatchet said:
Ahh, how disenchanting.

Honestly, I find it kind of funny. Remember how low we used to set our standards? Most of the time, we'd be amazed if a PS3 game could get in the top 10 in Japan, let alone top 20.

The PS3 used to be outsold by the Game Boy Advance in America, and used to sell less than 10k a week in Japan unless a game just came out.

Its had - what - 2 price drops ($200US down), 3(?) new models and a bunch of high profile titles released (LAIR, HS, R&C, EoJ, Gundam Musou, VF5, Oblivion, etc...). Plus we are heading into a holiday season.
Don't you think that the bar should be raised at all?

At the start of August it was selling around 100k / week. Last week it sold 130k / week, and is on track for a similar amount this week.

By comparison, the 360 has gone from 70k to 185k /week in the same period. A couple of good releases, and a $50 price cut.

I just am trying to understand what Sony is thinking with their fiscal projection. I still can't believe their haven't dropped their projections for the PS3.
(apart from the PS3, Sony is doing really well - PS2 holding up, PSP sales increased, other divisions strong - etc...). 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The only reason people think this site hates Sony is because it's a sales site and Sony isn't selling well. Put it together...

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

The bar should definitely be raised. The original Playstation could get away with it, but people expected big things from the PS3.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php

When you look at this graph, it becomes apparent that the PS3 has a good chance of falling behind the 360's 2006 Christmas boost. This is their chance to prove they're a contender, why don't any PS3 owners buy some damn games? It's silly!

Nick said:
The only reason people think this site hates Sony is because it's a sales site and Sony isn't selling well. Put it together...

No, there are a lot of others reasons, like the embarrassingly biased Rankings system.