By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Site Redirects?

Has been happening to me too but only when I try to go onto forums.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

I got redirected while trying to view this post multiple times. Redirected here http://www.addresses.com/yellow-pages/category:Online+Texas+Holdem/location:Worcester,MA/listings.html?yads=0

This happens on both my PC and Mac, apparently there can be embedded redirects in links or images that force a redirection when the image or link loads. At least that's how I understand it. Maybe a little more scrutiny in the images and links in the ads allowed on this site would help reduce the issue.

Any suggestions from more computer savvy individuals than myself?

I get redirected a couple times a day usually. Ironically, i got redirected while browsing this thread.

Currently own: PC (duh), SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP.

I just got redirected to some antispyware website.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

i haven't had any recently, and yes I do live in the US ( CA west cost if that matters) I use firefox and keep it up to date

Around the Network

I had a redirect this morning that was about 11 hours ago. Though it only happened like twice. At irst I thought I had a viris. I was going to say dang I just got the computer back....

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I had lots of redirects couple days ago ioi but I have yet to have one today. So looks like it is fixed, for me at least. And yes I am from the US central time zone if that helps.

no more issues here

I had this problem once and it had to do with something called a Host's Hijack. Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and look for a file called HOSTS. Not there? You are hijacked: http://www.adoko.com/hijackers-host.html

How to solve: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10131

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Someone else has probably mentioned this already, but I've found an annoying and quite scary spyware message pop up on my laptop when I sometimes click on an internal VG Chartz link. This has happened to me three times and on different machines.

The link doesn't open the news story/forum page, instead it simulates the my computer screen and tells you that you have thousands of trojans on your c drive.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club