By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seems like I'm the only person who doesn't think SMB3 is GOD

It's a good game but...it seems like everyone loves it way too much.

1. A lot of the levels are pretty similar. Hate to say it but it's true. Not nearly as much variety as SMW, SM64 or NSMB.

2. Too hard. WAAAY too hard. It's unreasonable. There is no game that should be that hard, espesically no Mario game.

3. Can't replay the levels...what's the point of having a world screen if you can't replay the levels, and 99% of the time all you do on it is go straight to the next level? The world screen is pretty much useless. They should have just made it like SMB1.

And a variety of other faults as well.

Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't think it's the "OMG best mario eva"...

I'd put SMW, NSMB, SMB and SM64 over it.

P.S. SMB3 (GBA remake to be precise) was my first Marip

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

What is wrong with you.

edited due to request! - ssj12

I'm not even sure if I have *ever* played it! If its *really* hard, then probably not - and its next on my VC list (once I have finished SuperMetroid at *least* once).

Be hard pressed to become my favourite Mario though. I think NSMB is my favourite at the moment, followed by SM64 & SuperMarioWorld. Galaxy might be about to disrupt that list though.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

SM3 too hard? Are you serious? I had the japanese version when I was young (Still have it), it is more difficult then the American version, and we were still able to complete the game..............and we were 6-8 years old. You need to practice to complete the game, but I think saying it is hard is pushing it^^

1. A lot of the levels are pretty similar in 1 and 2, more a sign of the times than anything. Though it had it's ups and downs, it's wrap arounds, it's moving, it's ice, it's giant... alright, realistically, it had a hell of a lot of variety for what it had to work with. Ask anyone who played Mario 3 if they were suddenly blown away by world 4.

2. No comment on this one, and no comment is necessary. Particularily if you think, in the grand scheme of things, the game was too hard.

3. Choice. You could chose when to warp, choose what powerup to help you, chose what area to go to, chose to accept the bonus levels. Not replaying them may have been minorly annoying, but that choice didn't exist beforehand in the other 2 games. Also, with the airships moving around, the levels that you ignored for being on a side path suddenly blocked your way.

But yeah, your opinions are valid, just horribly horribly wrong :). No one can make you like the game, without arduous effort and torture, but many will struggle to see why you have it so low.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

I think super mario world was the best mario though the third one was a close 2nd. I don't really like the 3d ones.

If you think SMB3 is too hard, let me introduce you to a few wrist-slitting games called TMNT, Battletoads, Kid Icarus, and Contra. There were many games harder than SMB3 on NES, by comparison its difficulty level is rather moderate.

Kids now have it too easy.

Anyway, it's not fair to compare SMB3 to games that came out long after it. You have to take video games in context according to when they released and SMB3 was ground-breaking. Shit, it's still one of my favorite platformers and beats the hell out of NSMB (that's also great though).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Hard?

Really?

Super mario galaxy is god.. lets move along now

-leoj

mM

You gotta be kidding with the "too hard" part. For "too hard" you must go Super Mario Bros. 2. Now, THAT was hard.

But still, my favorite Mario is Super Mario 64 all the way.