By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seems like I'm the only person who doesn't think SMB3 is GOD

Frog Suit, Tanuki Suit, Hammer Bros. Suit, Raccoon Suit, Kuribo's Shoe, a castle in the sky, bricks that can run and jump at you, warp whistles, Giant Land, the game has everything you could want and more. It has the Koopa Kids! The sun attacks you! AIRSHIPS!

What do you want out of a game man? Just pick a box. Its contents will help you on your way.

Or just play The Lost Levels for a day or two and then come back to SMB3. Teehee.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network
Rubang B said:
Or just play The Lost Levels for a day or two and then come back to SMB3. Teehee.

Well said Rubang. That'll teach him. 

Haha, the first time the Sun attacked me I near wet myself. I mean, look at it's face!! It's evil!!!

I think Super Mario Allstars is "GOD" anyhoo, disagree at your own personal risk :P

There are those who clamour for an angry Sun assist trophy in Brawl. I am amongst them. Now, how does a group clamour for something? That we've yet to figure out.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Entroper said:
NintendoTogepi said:

Actually, it is pretty much stupid hard. The game puts you in spots that requires inhuman reflexes.

Apparently, you've never played a game that actually requires inhuman reflexes before.

I'll take "Underwater Seaweed Level from TMNT" for $500, Alex.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Entroper said:
NintendoTogepi said:

Actually, it is pretty much stupid hard. The game puts you in spots that requires inhuman reflexes.

Apparently, you've never played a game that actually requires inhuman reflexes before.

I'll take "Underwater Seaweed Level from TMNT" for $500, Alex.

Pish posh, level 2, including the dam, is easy.  It doesn't start to really get tough until level 3.

This guy didn't think SMB3 was too hard! Check out this video. He beats the game in about 13 minutes.

Joemanji said:
This guy didn't think SMB3 was too hard! Check out this video. He beats the game in about 13 minutes.

Oh no not this video again.  It's a fake.  I had my computer, TV, and NES right next to each other.  I starte this video at the same time as I started my game to try to race it.  He RUNS twice as fast as I do.  It's not possible.  He faked it.

In fact, at his web site, he admits that he faked it, just to see how cool it would like, but his web site was in Japanese so everybody in America fell for it and every few years it comes back again.  He slowed it down with an emulator to time all those crazy jumps, and then sped it back up, but he even sped it back up a little too much.

SMB3 takes me about 18 minutes!   I think SMW is 12 minutes and SMB1 is 6 minutes.  I forget how fast I beat SMB2, I think it's 15 minutes or so.

I used to have a 2-D Mario speedrun addiction...

Now TMNT is a hard game.  I got to the Technodrome only twice in my life, but couldn't even make it to Shredder sadly... :( 

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Rubang: Thanks for the info! Damn those fakers! About your times, one word: WOW! My bro used to have the same addiction before on the NES because he only had 3 games on it: SMB, SMB2, SMB3 hehe!

i agree with rocketpig. TMNT is way harder than SMB3, same with battletoads.
however, i still prefer SMW for the looks, even though it's a bit on the easy side.
my main grip right now is with SMB64. I'm a lapsed gamers (went to PC around N64 period), and i just downloaded it on VC to see what the fuss was. And half way in, it is really not that good. may be it was ground breaking, but right now, camera is terrible and worse, there are so few levels that you repeat over and over and over and over again... this can't beat 2d marios and makes me scared of SMgalaxy (but i'll still buy it).