By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seems like I'm the only person who doesn't think SMB3 is GOD

rocketpig said:
Entroper said:
NintendoTogepi said:

Actually, it is pretty much stupid hard. The game puts you in spots that requires inhuman reflexes.

Apparently, you've never played a game that actually requires inhuman reflexes before.

I'll take "Underwater Seaweed Level from TMNT" for $500, Alex.

Oh God, that game was so hard. I don't know why I played it so much, because I hardly ever made it to level 3. But I still remember the music. 
How many levels does this game have, anyway?

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network

Now if you want a really fun challenge in the Legend of Zelda, try playing the game without a sword. You really can do it; every enemy in the game except Ganon can be killed through alternate means. I've done it several times before for fun, although I've never quite managed to finish the Second Quest that way. You better know darn well what you're doing before trying it though!

And for the record, Mario 3 is definitely not that tough. Moderate difficulty. As others have said, no one who grew up in the 80s would have called it a "hard" game.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Sullla said:
Now if you want a really fun challenge in the Legend of Zelda, try playing the game without a sword. You really can do it; every enemy in the game except Ganon can be killed through alternate means. I've done it several times before for fun, although I've never quite managed to finish the Second Quest that way. You better know darn well what you're doing before trying it though!

And for the record, Mario 3 is definitely not that tough. Moderate difficulty. As others have said, no one who grew up in the 80s would have called it a "hard" game.

That's sick. I think I'll have a try, though :)

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

I LOVES SMW!!! my favorite mario game...

Seriously, Togepi.  I got SMB3 when I was eight years old, and I didn't complain about the difficulty.  Did I die?  Yes, I died a lot.  But it's also very easy to get extra lives.  I built up a huge number of extra lives, I could die ten times in a row and not break a sweat.  Maybe it's harder on the GBA screen?  

That is not "stupid hard".  Contra, now -- the later stages are stupid hard.  I only beat that game because of the Konami Code.  TMNT is stupid hard the whole way through; I don't remember if I even beat the second stage -- I definitely didn't beat the game.  

Life Force rocks. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!