By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seems like I'm the only person who doesn't think SMB3 is GOD

I would have to agree with many of you. SMB3 was not super hard.

Castlevania, Gradius, TMNT, and many other NES games were much, much harder.

My fav SMB list:

SM64, NSMB, SMB3, SMW, SMB, SMB2(na). Galaxy will probably top the list in a few weeks.

Around the Network

I'm surprised by how many of you really love NSMB this much. I mean, it was totally a blast, but I thought it was a tiny step backwards in 2-D Marios, in the areas of game length, game difficulty, and versatile power-ups. Level design was spot-on as always though.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Super Mario World kicks Super Mario Bros. 3 ass to the ground.

How the hell could you think the game was too hard? It was moderately challenging at the absolute most.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Entroper said:
rocketpig said:
Entroper said:
rocketpig said:

LttP is easy. I've beaten this game without dying, in one sitting. Multiple times. Well not multiple times in one sitting, you know what I mean. It's so easy, I invented a challenge for myself: Complete the game with zero unnecessary items -- no pieces of heart (or the first heart container), no bottles, no blue or red mail, no upgraded master sword or shield, no boomerang, nothing that you don't absolutely require to beat the game. I eventually made it to Ganon's Tower, but haven't managed to beat it yet.

You must be amazing.

I'm still stuck on the second dungeon's boss. Yes, the second dungeon's boss. I think I've died in the game like 200 times, about 40 times on the second dungeon's boss.

The old games really are a lot harder...I've beaten all three 3D Zelda's I own with tons of ease, and PH too but I'm having such difficulty with LoZ and ALttP.

In terms of games, I like a moderate difficulty. Like SMW-TP difficulty.

OoT is a tad too easy...SMB3 is a bit too hard...SM64 is a good difficulty level too. 

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

How far are you in LoZ? That's such a beautiful little game. I started to write a guide for it once, but never finished.

When you say the second dungeon's boss in LttP, do you mean the three sandworms in the Desert Palace, or the floating eye thing in the Watergate Dungeon?  How many hearts/bottles do you have?

And don't feel discouraged, I certainly wasn't always this good.  My first run through of LttP cost me 45 lives, then 15 lives, then three, then zero. 

Around the Network

Entroper, have you tried out the LoZ: Master Quest?

If you're talking about the "second quest" for Ocarina of Time, yes, I got the bonus disc with my pre-order of Wind Waker. I got to Ganon's Tower, but I kept falling in the lava in the "fire" area of the tower. I eventually got frustrated and stopped playing, and never did go back to finish it.

Wow, I got to the Deku Tree Dungeon, so props to you xD

Entroper said:

How far are you in LoZ? That's such a beautiful little game. I started to write a guide for it once, but never finished.

When you say the second dungeon's boss in LttP, do you mean the three sandworms in the Desert Palace, or the floating eye thing in the Watergate Dungeon? How many hearts/bottles do you have?

And don't feel discouraged, I certainly wasn't always this good. My first run through of LttP cost me 45 lives, then 15 lives, then three, then zero.

LoZ? I believe uh...3 pieces of the triforce. I'm missing some items though...

And I mean the sandworms...yeah, I know

I think five hearts and no bottles. 

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

NintendoTogepi said:
Entroper said:

When you say the second dungeon's boss in LttP, do you mean the three sandworms in the Desert Palace, or the floating eye thing in the Watergate Dungeon? How many hearts/bottles do you have?

And don't feel discouraged, I certainly wasn't always this good. My first run through of LttP cost me 45 lives, then 15 lives, then three, then zero.

LoZ? I believe uh...3 pieces of the triforce. I'm missing some items though...

And I mean the sandworms...yeah, I know

I think five hearts and no bottles.

That's your problem right there.  The sandworms are tough.  I certainly had trouble with them with four hearts and no bottles on my "nothing" quest.  What you need to do is get yourself two bottles and the bug-catching net from Kakariko Village, and a few pieces of heart while you're at it.  There are three heart pieces in Kakariko, and one in the swamp just east of the desert.  That should get you a sixth heart.  Fill your bottles with fairies, and challenge the sandworms with an equivalent 18 hearts instead of 5.  You'll do much better, I promise.  :)