By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seems like I'm the only person who doesn't think SMB3 is GOD

Hey Leo is back.

Around the Network

I thought it was hard, but not as hard as any of the Ninja Gaidens on the NES or any of the ones rocketpig listed. Except for Contra, I beat that game without dying once.

It was the first one with the world map, and they fixed that issue on the next Marios. There is no way you had that complaint when it came out.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

No I am not back I am his dark ghost..

any way, I have SMB3 on the GBA its not as good as the ds game, also I only post when Im bored and not playing my ps3 or someone is spreading false information *cough.. e..pco.t.. cough*

edit: Banjo kazooie is the best game ever made and is god.

-leoj

mM

You guys don't think it's HARD?

It's seriously one of the hardest games I've ever played. Impossible.

Worlds I cannot beat:

World 3

World 7

World 8

The farthest I can get is about the third level of World 8 with warping.

I've let several other people play it on my GBA and they all agreed it was agonizingly hard.

It's like 40438 billion times harder then SM64, SMW and NSMB, and like a million times harder then SMB.

rocketpig said:
If you think SMB3 is too hard, let me introduce you to a few wrist-slitting games called TMNT, Battletoads, Kid Icarus, and Contra. There were many games harder than SMB3 on NES, by comparison its difficulty level is rather moderate.

Kids now have it too easy.

What? Actually having fun while playing games because they don't make your brain explode, cause your thumbs to fall off, and don't cause mortal harm to your TV, is too easy?

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

double post

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

SMB3 is my favourite game of all time at the moment.

From the experience I've had with Mario Galaxy that might be surpassing SMB3 soon... I have to finish it first though.

Coming back many years later over and over again completing every level just because it's fun to play is common between me and my mates.

j/k heh... you just need practice. 

NintendoTogepi said:
rocketpig said:
If you think SMB3 is too hard, let me introduce you to a few wrist-slitting games called TMNT, Battletoads, Kid Icarus, and Contra. There were many games harder than SMB3 on NES, by comparison its difficulty level is rather moderate.

Kids now have it too easy.

What? Actually having fun while playing games because they don't make your brain explode, cause your thumbs to fall off, and don't cause mortal harm to your TV, is too easy?

No, it was just a poke at NES games during a time when most developers had two options for difficulty levels:

1. Coma-inducing easy

2. Wrist-slitting hard

If you wanted to play most games, you learned to adapt to one of those modes of difficulty.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I didn't think it was too hard, but I was like 10 when I beat it. Mario64 is my hands down favorite, but Galaxy might take that spot if it lives up to the hype. Sunshine was my least favorite.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

NintendoTogepi said:

It's a good game but...it seems like everyone loves it way too much.

1. A lot of the levels are pretty similar. Hate to say it but it's true. Not nearly as much variety as SMW, SM64 or NSMB.

2. Too hard. WAAAY too hard. It's unreasonable. There is no game that should be that hard, espesically no Mario game.

3. Can't replay the levels...what's the point of having a world screen if you can't replay the levels, and 99% of the time all you do on it is go straight to the next level? The world screen is pretty much useless. They should have just made it like SMB1.

And a variety of other faults as well.

Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't think it's the "OMG best mario eva"...

I'd put SMW, NSMB, SMB and SM64 over it.

P.S. SMB3 (GBA remake to be precise) was my first Marip

1) Are you kidding me?  Too similar?  The game has 8 worlds each with their own unique themes!  You've got deserts, ice worlds, big/small worlds, cloud worlds, pipe worlds, water worlds, dark and dreary worlds, and yes, even plain vanilla worlds.  What other kinds of worlds do you want?  Variety is one of the things that really makes SMB3 shine!

2) Wuss.  :P  OK, to be honest, if you didn't grow up in the 1980s or earlier, yes, SMB3 is going to rape you.  But it's not too hard by any stretch of the imagination, and most importantly, it's "challenging-hard" as opposed to "stupid-hard."  There are no impossible situations or automatic-hit situations, there are just challenging situations.  To ease your pain, there are countless ways to rack up infinite lives, and you can continue if you run out of lives.  In fact, every time you pass a fortress or a "vehicle" level, you can continue from there.

3) You replay the levels by starting a new game.  Seriously, what kind of complaint is this?  There's no reason to go back to an old level because the levels aren't like they were in SM64.  There are no multiple challenges, your challenge is just to reach the end of the level.  And there are something like 100 levels in the game.  This game kept me busy a long, long time the last time I played it, because I went through the whole game without warping.