By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am amazed how much the Wii gets ignored in the console wars.

psrock said:
Kenology said:
For every game you two mention (BladeOfGod and psrock), I can name Wii games that the HD consoles won't get either - so this is kinda... pointless.

Let me Help you.

MH3, DQ, Epic Mickey

that's it.

No, up until now you mentioned games that have already come out.  Now you're mentioning upcoming games.  There are several AAA games that came out on Wii already that won't see their way to the HD Twins. 

Around the Network
Simulacrum said:
You get so easily banned if you bring Wii to console wars...Do we even have such console wars?Hmm.

It's not because the Wii is introduced to the mix that the banhammer is dropped, just the way in which it is most often introduced.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Khuutra said:
dharh said:
Raze said:

You do realize that the HD gamers will "bow to the Wii" when they pick up Natal or PS3 Gem? Basically, thats MS and Sony's way of conceeding defeat to Nintendo's concept of controls. Just sayin

No, we won't. First of all, it's not Nintendo's concept, unless by concept you mean mainstream non-precise wand based motion control. Second, motion controls predate the Wii, in fact both SONY and Nintendo had previous motion controls. Third, both SONY and MS version of motion controls are basically non-mainstream, meaning they will most likely still not be competition for the Wii. Fourth, and this is my sincere hope, both HD-twins versions of motion controls will not be the primary way to control games. The dualshock 3/4 and the X360/720 controller will still be the primary way to play games, as it should be.

If by chance all games end up with motion control a sizable chunk of the market will walk away. I can guarantee it. 

Would you care to make a bet concerning any of this? Particularly the idea that Natal isn't trying to appeal to the mainstream.

I'll take that bet!

If you're wrong, you have to join Secret Santa, Round Two.

If you're right, you have to join Secret Santa, Round Two.

Deal?

d21lewis said:
Perhaps I should read more than just the thread title. Anyway, ZACK AND WIKI is AWESOME!!! Why did I wait so long?

Because you clearly hate fun AND flying monkeys?

richardhutnik said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
Its not fun discussing a console that's so far ahead of the other two, its practically there sales combined. The race for second is far more entertaining since the gap is so small.

And how exactly does one even get gloating rights out of this?  I don't see it at all.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=97071&page=1#

I got used to listen to those crybabies. No matter what they say, reality is different and they cannot stand the truth.

Worst for them.

Around the Network

im quite happy that Wii gets ignored in the wars. It just sells like crazy to people that want to have fun with it

Bobbuffalo said:
I got used to listen to those crybabies. No matter what they say, reality is different and they cannot stand the truth.

Worst for them.

Soooooooo much irony in that post

LordTheNightKnight said:
Reasonable said:
Since it launched it's essentially sailed to the top and stayed there. It's first party games sell better than any other console first party games (including 360) and even when down YOY in pure physical sales it's still ahead.

I guess with such heated content between the HD consoles (which are essentially selling neck and neck time adjusted) that just attracts lots of attention vs Wii.

How often does that actually happen in sports? Or many other events? It doesn't unless you loathe the winner.

I think the same thing does happen in sports, in the right circumstances.  Imagine 3 tennis players, 1 is the world number one and is a decent, quiet chap, avoids scandals, while the other 2 are in 2 and 3 place and bicker, trade insults and whose game is very close, it could go one way or the other.

The fact is that, in a generalistic sense, there is more to argue about regarding PS3/360 and Sony/MS than Nintendo for a lot of people.

I actually find the Wii very interesting, as I wouldn't have personally though it would take of the way it did, and I recognize it was one hell of a risk to bring to market.  But I just feel that for many others its the clear winner with no scandal and little to argue about.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Reasonable said:
Since it launched it's essentially sailed to the top and stayed there. It's first party games sell better than any other console first party games (including 360) and even when down YOY in pure physical sales it's still ahead.

I guess with such heated content between the HD consoles (which are essentially selling neck and neck time adjusted) that just attracts lots of attention vs Wii.

How often does that actually happen in sports? Or many other events? It doesn't unless you loathe the winner.

I think the same thing does happen in sports, in the right circumstances.  Imagine 3 tennis players, 1 is the world number one and is a decent, quiet chap, avoids scandals, while the other 2 are in 2 and 3 place and bicker, trade insults and whose game is very close, it could go one way or the other.

The fact is that, in a generalistic sense, there is more to argue about regarding PS3/360 and Sony/MS than Nintendo for a lot of people.

I actually find the Wii very interesting, as I wouldn't have personally though it would take of the way it did, and I recognize it was one hell of a risk to bring to market.  But I just feel that for many others its the clear winner with no scandal and little to argue about.

That's not what's going on here. This would be the sports journalists acting as though the number one player isn't a real Tennis player, and that the player is just about to quit the sport no matter how the signs are otherwise, and that even though the number 2 and number 3 are rivals, they are treated as one entity to make them a match when compared to number 1.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs