By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am amazed how much the Wii gets ignored in the console wars.

cAPSLOCK said:
demonfox13 said:

To the other guy that mentioned Fire Emblem.....ROFL, played it, beat it. Yes it's "harder" than VC, but nothing OMG. Nice attempt at  a comeback, now go and play Demon's Souls. Hope you don't break the control though rofl.

Go play F-Zero GX, beat all of story mode on "very hard" and unlock the master class and AX cup ROFL OMG ROFL LOL

To give you an idea, this is the common response to F-Zero GX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLwM3nyY5g

I agree, though, I hate Zelda, too. I loved Link the Past and everything before it, but everything from Ocarina on I can't stand.

I am not into any racing type games except when I got into GT, previous to that, maybe Mario Kart a couple of drunk afternoons with my cousin and a few friends. I did finish Battletoads and ALMOST beat Silver Surfer, both around the time I was around 9 or so (I only met 1 person who beat Silver Surfer, my cousin Hugo). Silver Surfer was "OMFG WTF" hard type game and I will give it that. I might get Wipeout HD though and I heard Zico was "OMG WTF". 

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
RageBot said:
Nick said:
RageBot said:
Pepole ignore the Wii since most pepole who care about gaming, who likes to discuss gaming, pepole who sees it as a real hobby (and not just pepole who sees it as "simple fun", though that includes pepole who only play CoD and the kind) just don't find the Wii's library attractive to their tastes.

That's a pretty general stereotype.  Considering I (and a lot of Wii owners) have been playing video games since before you were born, I'd say there are plenty of gamers on the Wii that see gaming as a real hobby.  The Wii's library has a lot of great games in it, perhaps just not for teenagers. 

Oh, so you aren't stereotyping? Read my messege again, all of those teenagers you talk about? I file them under the exact same group us those who only buy the Wii for "casual games".
Oh, and if there are plenty who see it as a real hobby.... WHERE ARE THEM? Vgchartz is the only forum I know where there is a high majority of Nintendo fans (Which makes sense from your prerspective, since the averge age in this site is like...25+?)
And don't try to fool yourself that they see it as a real hobby, yet don't go on forums, pepole with hobbies discuss them with other pepole.

You might not be aware of this, but most people my age ~ 30 don't travel message boards, not that that is or ever will be a litums for a hobby.  Not many people want to venture onto a forum and be made to feel inferior simply because they enjoy the Wii's offerings.   

That doesn't mean that they can't see gaming as a real hobby or that they don't exist.  Sure there are people that buy the Wii for Wii Sports and other similar games and only play at gatherings.  You seem to be making the false assumption that this is all Wii owners, and that "real gamers" don't like the Wii.  This gen has had a lot of people, mostly 15-20, telling me and others in my situation that suddenly we're not "real gamers" because we enjoy the Wii's offerings. 

I started playing games 6 years before you were born, you are not in the position to make the decision that I (or a lot of Wii owners like me) don't care about games or view them as a hobby. 

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

BladeOfGod said:
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
The Wii has already won, the console war is over.

The battle for second place is way more interesting.

Yes, it won in sales.

I think its losing badly in every other aspect though. 

Games ( IMO. It has 9 90+ games only )

Graphics

Online gaming

Features

3rd party support

You're still mad, BladeOfGod?

Kenology said:
BladeOfGod said:
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
The Wii has already won, the console war is over.

The battle for second place is way more interesting.

Yes, it won in sales.

I think its losing badly in every other aspect though. 

Games ( IMO. It has 9 90+ games only )

Graphics

Online gaming

Features

3rd party support

You're still mad, BladeOfGod?

you are...?

psrock said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
The PS2 was the clear winner soon after the other two systems launched, and that didn't stop the gaming press from gushing all over it.

The Wii is something they want to go away, so they refuse to acknowledge it. Anything else is just an excuse to justify that stance. It's not them not liking the Wii. It's the stupid idea they can make it not matter by pretending that is so.

The PS2 got all the big games, all of them.

The Wii got got all the big Nintendo games.

As much as the Wii is selling, The HD systems get the games usually generation Winners get, which is very weird.

The Wii already has NSMBWii - not the 360 or PS3... 

Around the Network
Kenology said:
psrock said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
The PS2 was the clear winner soon after the other two systems launched, and that didn't stop the gaming press from gushing all over it.

The Wii is something they want to go away, so they refuse to acknowledge it. Anything else is just an excuse to justify that stance. It's not them not liking the Wii. It's the stupid idea they can make it not matter by pretending that is so.

As much as the Wii is selling, The HD systems get the games usually generation Winners get, which is very weird.

Thus the reason you are getting MWF2 in 2011.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Kenology said:
psrock said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Im gonna pirate that game on my PSP 2 once it comes out with wii emulator, HA :P

psrock says:

Hey, that's ok. Wii doesn't have to get *ALL* the big games... It just has to continue getting the BIGGEST ones!

psrock said:
Kenology said:
psrock said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

That was because the engine wasn't finished in time, not because of neglecting the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

BladeOfGod said:
Kenology said:
psrock said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Im gonna pirate that game on my PSP 2 once it comes out with wii emulator, HA :P

Good for you.  It doesn't really matter now anyways.

10 million seller BEFORE the fiscal year is done!  So pirate away!