By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA + Others HW Up!

bmmb1 said:
Nintendogamer said:
I think NSMBWii will act as a bull in software sales when they're up, very likelky to crack 8.7 Million since ioi said it outsold all consoles individually.

I thought that part of his post was a joke... But maybe it wasn't

if he meant NSMBWii outsold all HW combined then It was a joke lol but outselling all individually isn't impossible.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
ps3 140k Wii 250k in japan

sorry actually ps3 147k and Wii 246k

It seems every console is doing well.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The chart

Hardware Sales, 26th Dec 2009

]}

1,086,964 245,885 771,441 2,104,290
971,109 243,706 626,394 1,841,209
397,017 147,349 400,059 944,425
471,500 9,395 273,860 754,755
202,261 99,543 219,978 521,782

Well it's interesting to see an almost similar number for the Wii and DS in Japan. What happened with the PSP there???

Japan up. Total HW for Nintendo is Wii: 1.8 Million and DS: 2.1 Million. such mass numbers.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:
Japan up. Total HW for Nintendo is Wii: 1.8 Million and DS: 2.1 Million. such mass numbers.

Dude we can read, FGS.

Lucas-Rio said:
bmmb1 said:
Declan said:
I got slated a while ago for suggesting that the website might use MC and Famitsu numbers to help form its own Japan figures, but I think the absence of Japan numbers at a time when MC/Famitsu are yet to declare pretty much confirms it.

And the possiblity has never crossed your mind that VGChartz may not have Japan numbers yet for the same reasons Famitsu and MC don't have numbers yet, and NOT because Famitsu and MC haven't published theirs? All of Japan was on vacation until now, including probably any sources all these publications use as basis for their numbers. That makes as much sense if not more than your theory, especially since ioi said they dont use Famitsu and MC as their basis.

It does not make sense.  Famitsu and MC have already the numbers but have not published them because the usual day of publications have been holiday days.  This is not the case for a non professional site like VG chartz.

As the VG chartz numbers are always very close to the numbers of MC and Famitsu when they are far from those from NPD, I would not be suprised at allif the numbers were just based on theses instituts.

The lack of japanese numbers when these boths institutes are in holidays tends to prove it.

Let's go through this again... VGChartz have one or more sources on which they base their Japan numbers. All of Japan was until now on vacation. That they haven't had any Japan numbers until now only proves their source for Japan numbers is indeed in japan

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
ps3 140k Wii 250k in japan

Have MC and Famistu released their numbers?

Now we will see if this is as close as usual and if it is, that will end any doubt.

I'm excited for Mario's performance this week.

bmmb>> I meant that I think that MC and Famitsu already had their numbers as they revealed the SW numbers 4 days ago.

ph4nt>> NSMBWii performance will be the interesting thing this week. I hope it can get close to 2 millions.

I want to see as well where WSR will go to see how it match with my predictions.