By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA + Others HW Up!

Declan said:
I got slated a while ago for suggesting that the website might use MC and Famitsu numbers to help form its own Japan figures, but I think the absence of Japan numbers at a time when MC/Famitsu are yet to declare pretty much confirms it.

And the possiblity has never crossed your mind that VGChartz may not have Japan numbers yet for the same reasons Famitsu and MC don't have numbers yet, and NOT because Famitsu and MC haven't published theirs? All of Japan was on vacation until now, including probably any sources all these publications use as basis for their numbers. That makes as much sense if not more than your theory, especially since ioi said they dont use Famitsu and MC as their basis.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
epinefridis said:
I'm really impressed with 360's Performance in Europe.
Here in Greece the only advertisements you can see have to do with the PS3.
In America 360 is a BEAST. And ME2 is coming....

sony has no TV adverts in greece this period while XBOX 360 is advertised a lot from MS with the 199 bundle and so Wii

WOW @ Wii #s in NA.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

HW up 100k for 360 in the west (mainly america I think?) so SW will be up to? Would be amazing to see MW2 stand a chance at cracking 9 mill with next weeks numbers

I think NSMBWii will act as a bull in software sales when they're up, very likelky to crack 8.7 Million since ioi said it outsold all consoles individually.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:
Declan said:
I got slated a while ago for suggesting that the website might use MC and Famitsu numbers to help form its own Japan figures, but I think the absence of Japan numbers at a time when MC/Famitsu are yet to declare pretty much confirms it.

And the possiblity has never crossed your mind that VGChartz may not have Japan numbers yet for the same reasons Famitsu and MC don't have numbers yet, and NOT because Famitsu and MC haven't published theirs? All of Japan was on vacation until now, including probably any sources all these publications use as basis for their numbers. That makes as much sense if not more than your theory, especially since ioi said they dont use Famitsu and MC as their basis.

It does not make sense.  Famitsu and MC have already the numbers but have not published them because the usual day of publications have been holiday days.  This is not the case for a non professional site like VG chartz.

As the VG chartz numbers are always very close to the numbers of MC and Famitsu when they are far from those from NPD, I would not be suprised at allif the numbers were just based on theses instituts.

The lack of japanese numbers when these boths institutes are in holidays tends to prove it.

Nintendogamer said:
I think NSMBWii will act as a bull in software sales when they're up, very likelky to crack 8.7 Million since ioi said it outsold all consoles individually.

I thought that part of his post was a joke... But maybe it wasn't

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Japan is UP!

Nintendomination once again

ps3 140k Wii 250k in japan