By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - how would you rate the virtual console thus far (1-10)

how would you rate the virtual console thus far (1-10)

Total:0

8/10
Good games but expensive prices

Around the Network

9/10

The lack of Terranigma and prices.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

KylieDog said:

Everything is really overpriced, even more so now they raised cost of Wii point cards. What more they really take the piss by charging extra for some games.

There are so many classics yet for some reason they take forever to release and in the mean time we are getting some games that were real stinkers when they originally released getting re-released on VC. The N64 section especially is missing out on so much.

Another thing I find highly annoying is some multiplat games from back in the day were superior on SNES yet on VC we are given the Mega Drive/Genesis versions. It makes no sense.

The only game I have bothered to buy on it is Zelda: ALTTP since it is the only Zelda game (besides LA) I cannot play on Wii (I have GC Collector's Edition for 1, 2, OoT and MM). I feel ripped off though, it is not worth £8.

Can compare VC prices for past gen games sold on PSN/XBLA to see just how badly Nintendo are overcharging. PS1 classics for example are on average £3.50, only a few are more than that. N64 (same era) games by comparison are almost 3 times that price.

Blah, I totally forgot about the pricing. NES games should be 400 points, SNES 600, and N64 800. Maybe some of the really popular games with larger budgets could be a little more expensive, sort of like with PSOne games on the PSN store, but a standard price with imports costing even more? Weak.

And yeah, another thing I don't like is I don't know if my VC games will work with a future console, but I'm quite sure that I'll be able to do that with the next Playstation or Xbox.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

9 out of 10
There's still some games that i want. A trade-in option would be nice.
Also my Wii broken and only plays VC games right now so a transfer option from one Wii to another above all else would give it a perfect score for me.

Edit: GameCube support would be great also. I've been itching to play Wind Waker again. Maybe on the next console which brings me back to the transfer option.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

Games catalog 9/10 (Nearly all the games I wanted are there)
Service 4/10 (interface is pretty bad and I hate the fact you can't download whilst continuing to browse- unless I've missed something)
Price 1/10 (way overpriced, I've only bought 3 titles because of the price putting me off)

Overall: 5/10

Around the Network

6/10

Could be much better if Nintendo supported it more.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

10/10

You can´t go wrong with classics

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

7/10

The cost has never bothered me that much but I think here in Australia virtual console prices are relatively better than retail release prices.

I agree that the service as a whole is awesome and I hope it's something that is continued but I think if they do it needs to be planned better with more consistent releases and as others have pointed out, despite the already great library, there are a few too many missed chances for my liking.

I don't want to be committed to a number, there are days I am happy with it and others I am not.

I have downloaded a few of my favourites, though its dissappointing that other favouritees are not there. I have been very reluctant to try games that I missed out on back in the day because of the high prices.

Some games I would like to see that are not already on VC (last time I checked)

SNES Lemmings

C64 Spy vs Spy

NES Tetris

Some systems I wish the VC had

INTELLIVISION !!!! (I could accept radically different controls)

Colecovision

GB/GBC/GBA

Some games I would definately buy if they cost less

All the 2D marios (I have some already)

All the Zeldaa (I have some already)

All the Mario RPGs

Mario 64

Contra

All the Castlevanias

NES Gauntlet

Donkey Kong

Mario Bros

NES Tetris.....yes i want that too.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."