By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - how would you rate the virtual console thus far (1-10)

how would you rate the virtual console thus far (1-10)

Total:0

10/10

Around the Network

I don't really like the current format. You can buy certain games for $6-$10. That's great, but it's not clear if future Nintendo consoles will be compatible with VC releases. In addition to that, many games are on the pricey side, especially when Sony sells many PS1 games for both PS3 and PSP owners for about $5.

That said, the inflexibility of Nintendo towards the Virtual Console means that emulation > virtual console for me. It's bad enough that I have original DD games which may be impossible to use with whatever consoles come along next. I don't want to rebuy from a fairly limited selection of classics just to have them locked down on one system.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

6/10

The game selection is excellent and I understand why many big name games haven't been released, If you cant find a good selection of games that you want on the service its likely your refusing to buy anything because the one excact game you want is out. (reading gfaq is was Smash Bros but now its Earthbound.)

The only reson it gets a 6/10 is the price of games, As others have said the other company download services are much better priced for the games your getting, Every game could of been priced individually so Mario world and Zelda may of stayed at 800 games like Altered beast could of/should of been put at around 400.

viewtiful_jon said:
6/10

The only reson it gets a 6/10 is the price of games, As others have said the other company download services are much better priced for the games your getting, Every game could of been priced individually so Mario world and Zelda may of stayed at 800 games like Altered beast could of/should of been put at around 400.

You know there was a huge arguement on the whole virtual console prices

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=82214

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I also would like to say. Is do't bring up the pricing arguemnt back. There was too many loosses there

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

7/10

Pretty good, could be better.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Games: 10/10

Service: 5/10.

Browsing the VC catalog is a real pain, it needs a cleaner and more fuctional interface.

I won't assign a number. I'll just say that some of the games are available on the PS3/360 with enhanced features at a lower price. Also, some of the games I've had fond memories of are tarnished now because they aged poorly.

6/10. Though it would go up to 10/10 for me because i don't pay a single dollar to them, god bless homebrew.

8/10, some stuff is missing