By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD to stop giving numbers to public?

Interesting. Im just wondering when some of the hundreds of lurkers will sign up for an account.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

Well, we will get it throught TheSimExchange cashout. SE can't work without it, but the step itself is quite intresting.

That's okay, I can pay for the figures, and then secretly meet up with ioi in the back streets of New York wearing a Trench Coat.

We're going to need a bigger server

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

i bet gaf is going crazy right now

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Besides, NPD doesn't have sexy mods like Vgchartz does

Where????

Dallinor said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Besides, NPD doesn't have sexy mods like Vgchartz does

Where????

Over there.

shams said:
Quite interesting.

For starters - there can be no more "public" comparisons between NPD and VGChartz figures. In fact, I suspect anyone posting the "paid" NPD figures will be sued out of existence.

It also means NPD can issue general statement like "VGChartz is a joke - the figures differ from our official figures by more than 30% - but we aren't telling you what the real figures are - unless you want to pay lots of money".

But its great for VG - if this keeps up for a few months, sites will have no option other than to quote VGChartz figures instead of NPD. VGChartz will become the defacto "Internet" standard.

(it also does mean that our figures may become less accurate - especially with software, and especially in the US).

All of that sucks to me...

I like seeing the NPD numbers and comparing with VGChartz - and every if VGChartz becomes the place for internet sites to quote on sales figures, it's not official and therefore there is now way of telling the accuracy of it or not.

peh.

@Origin,

There was no way to check the accuracy of the NPD numbers either....I don't see the difference other than what people built NPD up to be in their minds. NPD was no more official than VGC, it was just accepted by more people as accurate.

To Each Man, Responsibility

It's about time. NPD can burn in hell! ¡Viven los VGChartz!

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.