By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD to stop giving numbers to public?

ioi said:
We won't start getting flooded with GAFfers or other moronic posters. The best thing about all this is the quality of the users on the site and the intelligence of the disussion - I have no intention of letting things deteriorate...

ioi, you become more and more my personal hero, you know that, right?

Around the Network

it's a good news to us
that means from now on, everyone will quote the numbers from vgchartz

I don't think this has been posted here yet...

ANALYSIS: NPD Draws Back

NPD’s decision to limit the industry stats it releases is bad for consumers and bad for the industry.
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7829

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

ioi, this site/forum has one of the most interesting, funny and intelligent online communities I have ever found, I think you can take a great deal of pride in that

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

" The NPD Group is only halting the free data it gives out to general media. Outlets that pay for the data, like IGN, will continue to receive monthly sales figures. NPD told us it was a business decision to protect the research firm's interests.

So, not to worry. You can still look forward to monthly console wars here on IGN. "

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/833/833371p1.html

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

http://kotaku.com/gaming/whining-works/the-npd-will-publish-console-figures-after-all-321632.php

It seems with all console makers having good sales recently, they have given their blessing for NPD to continue to make sales figures public.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs