By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War series is AMAZING!!!

I got the collection for Christmas and I am 2/3 to 3/4's of the way through the first one.

Around the Network
Dexorosorous said:

this makes me wanna buy god of war: chains of olympus for psp. xD

Save your money for GoW3

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I just finished The Challenge of Poseiden in the first one.

Yeah you are correct the GOW series is amazing. There was only 3 franchises on the PS2 that had me waiting for a release and that I picked up on day 1 and GOW was one of those franchises. Must have played GOW1 about 100 times on the PS2. David jaffe is the man. I personly rather the moves Kratos had in the first game compared to the second games and they took the rool+r1 out of the second games so so using rools in the second game became crap for moving fast

Dexorosorous said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

How could you miss this game back in the day , I basically convinced all my friends to get god of war and they are hooked to the series to this day.........now are you sure youve played Shadow of the Colossus cuz if you didnt you and I will have some problems

actually i didn't play shadow of the colossus or ico, but i've also heard a lot of good things about them! haha, guess we do have a problem =]

...and i hope they release and HD version before the last guardian drops. xD

Dont bother with ico....it sucks....but SOTC is a godsend to gaming its my second favourite game ever right after ocarina of time.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

Yes, amazing games. When I played the PS2 versions on my PS3, I said that by just upping the resolution would make these games current gen worthy games. IMO even on the PS2 they still look better than anything available on the Wii.

David Jaffe stated they had gameplay ideas for God of War which they could not realize on PS2 hardware and so had to wait for the PS3. God of War 3 is my most anticipated game so far.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I played both game at launch, and loved them both back then. I got the collection on launch, and finally got around to beating 2 again today. Both games are text book examples of what a game should consist of.

This series is the standard setter in stage design. Nothing else has pace like GoW. Whether you are in the middle of an action sequence or just solving a puzzle it never gets dull. Add in controls so good the charicter is like an extention of yourself, and you have the foundation for a great game in any genre.

Next add in an simple, but deep story that people can get behind.

Then you add in amazing art direction, with some of the best programmers in the buisness, and you have one of the best gaming experiances of all time.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
I played both game at launch, and loved them both back then. I got the collection on launch, and finally got around to beating 2 again today. Both games are text book examples of what a game should consist of.

This series is the standard setter in stage design. Nothing else has pace like GoW. Whether you are in the middle of an action sequence or just solving a puzzle it never gets dull. Add in controls so good the charicter is like an extention of yourself, and you have the foundation for a great game in any genre.

Next add in an simple, but deep story that people can get behind.

Then you add in amazing art direction, with some of the best programmers in the buisness, and you have one of the best gaming experiances of all time.

Simple but deep?

The story in the series is great and the game is a lot of fun to play.  Looks great when it comes to art direction.

MikeB said:

Yes, amazing games. When I played the PS2 versions on my PS3, I said that by just upping the resolution would make these games current gen worthy games. IMO even on the PS2 they still look better than anything available on the Wii.

David Jaffe stated they had gameplay ideas for God of War which they could not realize on PS2 hardware and so had to wait for the PS3. God of War 3 is my most anticipated game so far.

This I cant agree with because games like "Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess" and Super Mario Galaxy easily trump GOW in visuals.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

@Riachu

Yeah. In simple terms it is a dude that is pissed of and wants to kill nearly every living thing in sight. The bonus is, he has been gifted with the ability to do just that. That part takes no imagination at all. If you have never dreamed of that at one point or another, feel very lucky your life has been amazing so far.

The deeper part of the story is the whole conection to things in the past that we wish we could change. The love he had for his wife, and the way Aries decieved him. I don't want to go much furthur as not to spoil it for someone.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL