By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pirated games of 2009 with numbers (mw2 5.1m)

BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
To me there is no hardcore or casual, just games. However there are simpler games and more complex games. For me complex and simple games are the most fun. The HD console games are half-assed simple and half-assed complex, hence generally very mediocre.

Is that why Uncharted 2 has beaten every Wii and PC game this year?

Well you have to realzie that the PC doesn't handle Platforming as well as console. But going back to my previous post, why should anyone bother making Uncharted 2 when Platforming games on the Wii annihilate it in sales?

Also I don't knwo if you noticed, but developers DID stop developing for the PC. Since the expectatoins for games are so high most shitty developers just started releasing on consoles instead, leaving the generally good developers behind, like Blizzard, Valve, Creative Assembly, etc.

Comparing a Mario game with new IP in this gen is a little unfair, dont you think? Also, Uncharted 2 is not a platformer

No it really isn't,It is. It would be like comparing my school's music band with the beatles but it makes more money, period. Isn't what all this is about? No, its not. I was comparing PS360 3rd party game sales with wii 3rd party games sales.What makes people more money? If that's the case and I can kiss good PC games good-bye, you can probably kiss your HDexcept that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC console games good-bye as well. Luckily, as I stated, the best of the best developeers are still making PC games so I'm cool with that.

Also UC2 has pretty decent platforming elemens, It's an action adventure game .something the PC doesn't handle well with the KBD unless you plugged in an analog stick. However the quality of Uncharted 2 should have been the quality of UC1 and UC2 shouldn't have existed until next gen, I don't believe in sequels every year or two.

See now you are contradicting yourself. You are telling me that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC games. Yet tell me that I can't tell you that Wii games make much bigger profits than HD games. Also last i chekced "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" is 3rd party and has sold exceptoinally well. Also it probably had 1/10th, and most prbably even less than MW2's $200 million cost. So tell me, wy should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?

I guess you didn't understand me. I'm well aware it's an action adventure game. However it would handle very poorly with a KBD, just like Tomb Raider.

i said give me the name of the 1 3rd party wii game that sold above 5 millions EXCEPT Mario and sonic at the olympic games.

''So tell me, why should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?''

Maybe because Mario and Sonic are owned Nintendo and SEGA, the 2 out of 5 companies that make profit on wii software

So now you have stooped so low you are eliminating games? If you want to be like that, name me any franchise on the HD consoles that has sold as much as the Sims (100+ million sales total) or World of Warcraft (at 12 million ACTIVE there's probably about 20+ million sold copies and similar numbers for the expansions).

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
To me there is no hardcore or casual, just games. However there are simpler games and more complex games. For me complex and simple games are the most fun. The HD console games are half-assed simple and half-assed complex, hence generally very mediocre.

Well you have to realzie that the PC doesn't handle Platforming as well as console. But going back to my previous post, why should anyone bother making Uncharted 2 when Platforming games on the Wii annihilate it in sales?

Also I don't knwo if you noticed, but developers DID stop developing for the PC. Since the expectatoins for games are so high most shitty developers just started releasing on consoles instead, leaving the generally good developers behind, like Blizzard, Valve, Creative Assembly, etc.

Comparing a Mario game with new IP in this gen is a little unfair, dont you think? Also, Uncharted 2 is not a platformer

No it really isn't,It is. It would be like comparing my school's music band with the beatles but it makes more money, period. Isn't what all this is about? No, its not. I was comparing PS360 3rd party game sales with wii 3rd party games sales.What makes people more money? If that's the case and I can kiss good PC games good-bye, you can probably kiss your HDexcept that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC console games good-bye as well. Luckily, as I stated, the best of the best developeers are still making PC games so I'm cool with that.

Also UC2 has pretty decent platforming elemens, It's an action adventure game .something the PC doesn't handle well with the KBD unless you plugged in an analog stick. However the quality of Uncharted 2 should have been the quality of UC1 and UC2 shouldn't have existed until next gen, I don't believe in sequels every year or two.

See now you are contradicting yourself. You are telling me that HD consoles make much bigger profits than PC games. Yet tell me that I can't tell you that Wii games make much bigger profits than HD games. Also last i chekced "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" is 3rd party and has sold exceptoinally well. Also it probably had 1/10th, and most prbably even less than MW2's $200 million cost. So tell me, wy should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?

I guess you didn't understand me. I'm well aware it's an action adventure game. However it would handle very poorly with a KBD, just like Tomb Raider.

i said give me the name of the 1 3rd party wii game that sold above 5 millions EXCEPT Mario and sonic at the olympic games.

''So tell me, why should developers make MW3 instead of something like Mario and Sonic?''

Maybe because Mario and Sonic are owned Nintendo and SEGA, the 2 out of 5 companies that make profit on wii software

You know you can change your first sentence and it'd be like wtf right? change wii to 360 and then change Mario and blehbleh to MW2 and yeah..... MW2 also sold well because publishers are annoying and decided to delay a whole lot of shit for no good reason, what fucktards.

I leave this thread for a day and all I see is the PC "piracy isn't a big deal" side resort to whining and excuses. Clearly they have lost all plausible and logical arguments so they just resort to their elitist "They don't make good games for PC" crap. I agree, MW2 on PC is a pretty gay move, but all you people on PC do is whine whine whine. Grow up for once and start voting with your dollar. If you think console gamers are sheep, then why do you still buy the games you whine so much about, or still pirate them? If they suck so bad and are not up to your "standards" don't have anything to do with them.

I also love how Blizzard and Valve are praised as somehow the only 2 good PC devs when neither one has developed anything new within the last like 6 years. WoW just keeps getting lame expansions, and Valve is using the same engine they've used for 10 years with little to any refinement. Their games are good, but they are far from the best devs for many many reasons. The same reasons you bitch and moan about with other devs, actually. PC gamers = elitist hypocrite delusional sheep.

vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:

So now you have stooped so low you are eliminating games? If you want to be like that, name me any franchise on the HD consoles that has sold as much as the Sims (100+ million sales total) or World of Warcraft (at 12 million ACTIVE there's probably about 20+ million sold copies and similar numbers for the expansions).

Lets see, more than Wow :

- Grand Turismo franchise

- Resident Evil franchise

- Halo franchise

- Final Fantasy franchise

- Need for Speed franchise

- GTA franchise

- Call of Duty franchise

- Madden NFL

PS : units of Wow shipped don't corelate to the number of accounts because close to half the number of Wow accounts are in Asia and many people there are playing without needing to purchase a copy of Wow... Still I would agree more than 15 millions units of Wow have probably been sold...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

nightsurge said:
I leave this thread for a day and all I see is the PC "piracy isn't a big deal" side resort to whining and excuses. Clearly they have lost all plausible and logical arguments so they just resort to their elitist "They don't make good games for PC" crap. I agree, MW2 on PC is a pretty gay move, but all you people on PC do is whine whine whine. Grow up for once and start voting with your dollar. If you think console gamers are sheep, then why do you still buy the games you whine so much about, or still pirate them? If they suck so bad and are not up to your "standards" don't have anything to do with them.

I also love how Blizzard and Valve are praised as somehow the only 2 good PC devs when neither one has developed anything new within the last like 6 years. WoW just keeps getting lame expansions, and Valve is using the same engine they've used for 10 years with little to any refinement. Their games are good, but they are far from the best devs for many many reasons. The same reasons you bitch and moan about with other devs, actually. PC gamers = elitist hypocrite delusional sheep.

Actually the excuses have all come from the other side. Also it's not whining, the way I see it is a protest. Also as shown by MW2, it probably got pirated more than it got bought, that's a good start. I also pirated MW2 4 times just to raise the number a little. I played it a total of 1 hour before I needed the HDD space (my laptop only has 100 gigs) to install the ORACLE middleware. It's not about playing the game when it's downloaded, it's about telling IW/Activision to fuck off with their shit.

Also that makes Blizzard and Valve so good. The games they make easily last years and years. Remember what the time frame between HL1 ad HL2 was? What about between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3? Diablo and Diablo 2? Now every single sequel they have done was the pinnacle of the genre at the time, and basically everyone copies them until a new leader comes out, usually by those companies as well.

Also, as I said earlier, UC1 should have been what UC2 was, and UC2 should have come out next gen.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:

Lets see, more than Wow :

- Grand Turismo franchise

- Resident Evil franchise

- Halo franchise

- Final Fantasy franchise

- Need for Speed franchise

- GTA franchise

- Call of Duty franchise

- Madden NFL

PS : units of Wow shipped don't corelate to the number of accounts because close to half the number of Wow accounts are in Asia and many people there are playing without needing to purchase a copy of Wow... Still I would agree more than 15 millions units of Wow have probably been sold...

All I have seen are the worlds "franchise." I'm talking singular games here. But if you want to measure up franchises, then by all means, at least make it even footing and compare them to The Sims franchise. I'm farily sure it blows each one of those individually out of the water. For WoW list me the single-game installments. I will admit however that there are games which have sold more than Starcraft, since it has sold only about 10 mil by now.

nightsurge said:

please don't categorize lol, I don't plan to download MW2 at all because I think it's crap, instead of whinning, I try to explain to people as to how, and why, and I'm never paying for it, but people don't seem to want to understand for some reason.

vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Actually the excuses have all come from the other side. Also it's not whining, the way I see it is a protest. Also as shown by MW2, it probably got pirated more than it got bought, that's a good start. I also pirated MW2 4 times just to raise the number a little. I played it a total of 1 hour before I needed the HDD space (my laptop only has 100 gigs) to install the ORACLE middleware. It's not about playing the game when it's downloaded, it's about telling IW/Activision to fuck off with their shit.

Also that makes Blizzard and Valve so good. The games they make easily last years and years. Remember what the time frame between HL1 ad HL2 was? What about between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3? Diablo and Diablo 2? Now every single sequel they have done was the pinnacle of the genre at the time, and basically everyone copies them until a new leader comes out, usually by those companies as well.

Also, as I said earlier, UC1 should have been what UC2 was, and UC2 should have come out next gen.

And why do you think IW should care ?

Are you the guy that cracked the code and shared it with the masses so that they could play freely ?

No you're just one of those eating his crumbs...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

And why do you think IW should care ?

Are you the guy that cracked the code and shared it with the masses so that they could play freely ?

No you're just one of those eating his crumbs...

Because I'm the one that didn't pay for their shit. One of apparently 4.1 million others. Maybe a bit less, or more, depending on who you listen to.

dahuman said:
nightsurge said:

please don't categorize lol, I don't plan to download MW2 at all because I think it's crap, instead of whinning, I try to explain to people as to how, and why, and I'm never paying for it, but people don't seem to want to understand for some reason.

Lol, you're right.  Not all PC gamers are like that.  Just the ones that justify piracy by any and all means.